• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Doug Ford, Premier

praktik

TRIBE Member
Unless you have 100% coverage through a credit card or some other source, ALWAYS buy travel insurance. You’ll probably never use it but - for the cost - it’s pure gold.

A good friend of mine declined to do so. Pinnacle of health. What could go wrong? Broken leg while hiking. American healthcare. Sure, they set the break - but they did it wrong and he had to have his leg re-broken and re-set when he finally made it home a month later.

For the premium? Cancellation, interruption and medical coverage are always a safe bet when you travel anywhere outside your home country. ;)
Doesnt this impact insurance buyers too tho?

As I understand it premiums and coverage in Ontario are adjusted with insurance taking public coverage into account and working in extension off of this.

So even if already always buying premiums should go higher as private plans for Ontario now need to cover this portion they excluded from calculations

And here is where you see the Conservative propensity to award sweetheart private takeovers of public areas of benefit for Canadians - sold to us as savings but mostly we pay for it in the market with higher prices. And it's a nice parasitical, codified relationship for the big donors being rewarded

Locked in customer base and higher profits

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Doesnt this impact insurance buyers too tho?

As I understand it premiums and coverage in Ontario are adjusted with insurance taking public coverage into account and working in extension off of this.

So even if already always buying premiums should go higher as private plans for Ontario now need to cover this portion they excluded from calculations

And here is where you see the Conservative propensity to award sweetheart private takeovers of public areas of benefit for Canadians - sold to us as savings but mostly we pay for it in the market with higher prices. And it's a nice parasitical, codified relationship for the big donors being rewarded

Locked in customer base and higher profits
Have you ever bought travel Insurance before? It's literally peanuts. 5 percent of peanuts is still peanuts.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Travel insurance industry with Ontario market access: Nice work if you can get it!!

Sweet plums to be had by all donors in good standing

And yes I believe I've bought it at least a few times. No biggie.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Medical, cancellation and interruption insurance are pennies on the dollar, if you travel. Some folks don’t get that and the horror stories are bountiful.

I’ve had to use the interruption and cancellation benefits more than once.

I guess you have to find yourself in a sticky situation, in a foreign country, to really appreciate what the coverage means.

I would have been fucked without it, on a couple of occasions.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
This sounds like real grassroots politics! Hopefully more comes out of this.
DoFo was elected by the ordinary, everyday selfish rube.

He’ll be taken out by the ordinary, everyday thinking person.

There are more “good for all” than “good for me”, in my experience.

Doug Ford is twisting in a funnel cloud of ignorance, throwing shit at the wall, to see what sticks.

I think we all know how that approach plays out. Gravity is a heck of an influence. ;)

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Ford is approaching this with a very specific policy shift in mind. It's likely not the end since we're seeing a regular stream of announcements. Not until the backlash is too much.

Looks like Preferred Collision near Finch and the 400 - the place that has that huge Doug Ford political billboard along the highway, took down his sign.

I was hoping they had gone out of business.