• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Douche-bags blaring shitty house music all hours of the day/night

SweatyNuts

TRIBE Member
I am by no means old, nor grumpy, but I live on the nth floor of a 20+ floor apt. complex, and have a neighbour TWO FLOORS down who blares their shitty, repetitive, bass-heavy, mind-numbing house music until all hours of the morning. I'm talking until 3 AM-ish. I can even hear people screaming and laughing inside, because they keep the window open so the rest of the world can hear their non-sense as well.

Three things:

1) Am I an asshole if I call to complain? I hate to be the heavy, but it's literally loud enough TWO FLOORS UP that I can feel the bass vibrate my pillow;

2) Should I go to the apartment directly, or call the super to deal with it?

3) How has no one else in the vicinity of fuckhead's apt. said or done anything yet? There's no way it can only be loud in my apartment.

Please... If you're the ass-hat pulling this shit, grow the fuck up. Or at least keep your music to a level that only disturbs the apartments in the immediate vicinity of your own.

TWO FLOORS UP!! How has no one said anything yet??

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

jebac

TRIBE Member
dude, dont be a dickhead and go and complain. go down there and knock on his door and tell him. if it persists, go down there and tell him again. IF it persists, then complain

-jebac

sam

TRIBE Member
When you're in my hut
You know what's up
Let your mind be free
Relax your body
Jump, jump a little higher
Jump, jump until you get tired
House your body
House your body
House your body to the bass
House it all over the place
Don't let nobody in your way
Tonight's your night, today's your day
Afrika won't steer you wrong
(Say what?) House music all night long

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
call security if they're on-site. make sure to write a letter to property management detailing all the times this has occurred recently.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
sam said:
When you're in my hut
You know what's up
Let your mind be free
Relax your body
Jump, jump a little higher
Jump, jump until you get tired
House your body
House your body
House your body to the bass
House it all over the place
Don't let nobody in your way
Tonight's your night, today's your day
Afrika won't steer you wrong
(Say what?) House music all night long

SAY WHAT!..

SweatyNuts

TRIBE Member
I just think it's strange that no one has said anything. This shit happens on Monday nights too, not just Thurs-Sun. The apt. directly below me must either be unoccupied, or inhabited by incredibly tolerant people.

SweatyNuts

TRIBE Member
It's really technically not even house music, cause all I'm getting up here is the bass. Sounds more like Indian war drums looming in the distance, or what I imagine someone's heart might sound like using a really expensive, amplified stethoscope... if such a thing exists. Either way, the sound is making me slightly uneasy.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
SweatyNuts said:
I just think it's strange that no one has said anything. This shit happens on Monday nights too, not just Thurs-Sun. The apt. directly below me must either be unoccupied, or inhabited by incredibly tolerant people.

trust me, lots of people are pussies and will let it go on and on.

i've had the worst luck with this kind of shit, typically from the whoever the clown happens to be above me. first time gets a visit, if it still happens they get a note. third strike is security plus a printed off letter to property management detailing all the times.

seriously, if it's happened so many times just write up a letter on your computer, print it off and slide it up the PM's door. you know it's going to keep happening if you don't....

SweatyNuts

TRIBE Member
whistleblower.jpg

SweatyNuts

TRIBE Member
I have nothing against the music, just the people who blare it all hours of the night with little consideration for the people TWO FLOORS ABOVE THEM. I think if it were any other type of music, I probably wouldn't even hear it. It's just that bass. Sounds awesome when you're ready to dance, but it's the worst when you're trying to concentrate or sleep.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
full up a large jar with urine. place a note on the jar that says "turn your fucking music down you cunt"

do down to their apartment.

learn the jar against the door

knock on door really hard and run like mad.

when they pull open the door, the jar will tip over into their apartment spilling urine all over their floor.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
i was having problems with noise from the two apartments above me... miraculously it stopped. one of them moved out and the other stopped playing the "cover up" music. The guy below me plays driving video games really loud starting at 11pm. You want annoying try hearing the bass from that when you are trying to sleep. I have towear ear plugs.

peko

TRIBE Member
Thumpr said:
call security if they're on-site. make sure to write a letter to property management detailing all the times this has occurred recently.

document everything, and send it to the property management company - also check out the City Noise Bylaws - it gives you times that 'loud noise' is alright between (7am and 11pm, 9 or 10am on Sundays to 10pm) and some kind of sound measurement for how loud it can be from the noise source, at a certain distance.

...it's worth the search to find out the lowdown, and it's good if you have the lingo, to show your propoerty manager that you've done your homework.

ALSO, send written communications through registered mail to your PM, acknowledging all verbal communications with them about the noise issue, and what proactive steps will be taken on the PM side --- the property management company, must then 'investigate' the situation and start a file on the noisemaker. REMEMBER, the power of your paper trail. ;)

There is an ambiguious catch phrase, that if the noise is getting in the way of your 'personal enjoyment of your own personal space' (or something like that), then you have grounds to complain.

People will not just be evicted, you have to proactively document and followup the 'incidents'. Also try talking to the noisemakers, and try to see if they will appease your request.

Good Luck!

p.s. there's probably more people on the 2 floors between you and the noisemaker who are perturbed as well, but do nothing about it.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Don't call the property manager until you actually try and talk to them face to face. Be nice about it, ie take the high road, and if they are reasonable people which is entirely possible they will keep it at a level that works. If not then alert the PM absolutely.

I think it's ridiculous when neighbours don't at least try to solve differences face to face in a reasonable fashion and instead get third parties involved.

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
There comes a time in every man's life when he has to start dealing with these problems directly. Perhaps there's a correlation between that and the moment the other testicle finally drops???

Seriously.... find out which apartment and try talking to them. They could be blissfully unaware of how shitty it is for you. If they act like dicks, THEN try to get them evicted.