• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

"Door Prize" crafted by Eric Lork

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
WOW. I listened to this Cd mix four times since Sunday. I've been saying for a long while now that Eric is the KING of programming. He has outdone himself again with this cd. Right from the get-go he manages to capture my interest and hold it for the whole cd. Excellent job. This cd is my favorite one so far. Really tight mixing and I love the way the tracks just "Speak" to each other. Intermingling for such an extended period of time. It takes a steady hand to do some of the mixes on this disc and Eric displays his abilities once again. Mr. Lork knows how to blend records together to produce a very nice feel. I highly recommend this mix to all techno lovers.......

Keep it up Erk.

L-T
:)

ian

TRIBE Member
Sorry. . . this room just does MP3 these days.

What are these CDs you speak of?

-ian g.

PS - Just joshin', would love to hear it sometime!

seeker

TRIBE Member
what ian, no threats of WMD unless you get an mp3? ;) or is that tactic just reserved for the house room? <giggle>

I don't think I've ever heard Eric play, live or recorded. I'll have to store that somewhere and keep my eyes open for an opportunity.

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by seeker
what ian, no threats of WMD unless you get an mp3? ;) or is that tactic just reserved for the house room? <giggle>
Thanks for reminding me!

Any DJ who doesn't make a set available in MP3 as well gets nuked. :p

Seriously fellow DJs, it is obviously in your best interest to get a mix ripped to MP3 and online somewhere these days judging from the download numbers we've been seeing lately. Both mediums are great and should be covered by a DJ wanted to get the word out.

-ian g.

zoo

TRIBE Member
i love the fact that all these mp3s are becoming so readily available

i pass quite a few of them along to friends on cds or through the internet

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
not everyone has webspace!!

promoting oneself by handing out a cd with print/tracklisting i would prefer than a blank cd with marker....

haven't had the chance to give this a go Eric but am highly looking forward to it :)

s
d

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
I'm with Stewie, I like dling stuff off the web, but at the same time I like having hard copies of friends' discs, especially discs with sleeves as creative and original looking as Eric Lork's.

JGirlP

TRIBE Member
I love the cd Eric. I've enjoyed the little vacation I go on each time I throw in one of your cds. I do very little else except listen to the layers and let the sounds take me where they want. Door Prize is another fine installment to the series and deserves a lot of credit. Way to go Eric! I also listened to your Canadian edition eh. Terrific......I like that, you like that? I like that......

J

erk

TRIBE Member
Wow thanks for the feedback people.
I don't have a place to put up an MP3 version though I agree it's a good idea. I'll send out copies to those who want them. Just give me time. I happen to be slow sometimes.

seeker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by seeker

I don't think I've ever heard Eric play, live or recorded. I'll have to store that somewhere and keep my eyes open for an opportunity.
This statement has been bugging me since I posted it. I couldn't think of where, but I *knew* I'd heard you play before. Then, when I saw your nick, it hit me like a ton of bricks -- you sent me a CD a while ago that was a back2back set w/ you and derek from Focus radio! (Focus 61 - Old School, March 2002)

That's a good CD. I'll have to give it a whirl in celebration of jogging my memory!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
what a saturday morning please.......

finally got the chance to give'r Eric, wow what can i say?

brain fuck.
pumping.

this is techno!!!!!!!!

your series are always stimulating man...keep em up bro :)

the 4th track you have listed as Danny Anderson is incorrect though , its Toronto's very own Greg Gow on Restructured :)

great cd..... thanks for the carbon..

sd.

Arthur Oskan

TRIBE Member
the 4th track you have listed as Danny Anderson is incorrect though , its Toronto's very own Greg Gow on Restructured
Acutally, its a missprint on the actual label. I think a certain number of records have this problem. Looks like you got yourself a collectors item! lol

Arthur

PS...Eric, nice CD btw, love the variety, and synth based shit.

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Arthur Oskan
Acutally, its a missprint on the actual label. I think a certain number of records have this problem. Looks like you got yourself a collectors item! lol

Arthur

PS...Eric, nice CD btw, love the variety, and synth based shit.
I wouldn't know Arthur-my copy has no label , its just plain white??:confused: :p :D

Oscar you like the synthy techno??? :p

The Kid

TRIBE Member
Got a door prize in the mail yesterday, thanks again Eric!

Good solid, smooth mixing, nice transitions. A little "tracky" for my tastes, don't listen to tons of harder techno these days, but a great mix, def. added to the rotation!

cheers.

le kid

:)

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
ok,

I found my copy (two weeks later...)

it was in my upper coat pocket
(hey, what's this? OH NICE, it's Eriks CD he gave me!)

gonna throw it on right now while I make a pizza

destro

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

erk

TRIBE Member
Should have posted a track list from the get go -- the computer is working again (somewhat):

"Onion Ring" Jef Cochran & Adam Winick [Format]
"Fuel Injection" Adam Jay [Restructured]
"Unicorn" Felipe [Rotation]
"A Track Called" Danny Anderson [Restructured] <--mislabelled? - could be Greg Gow track
"Access (Secret City rmx)" DJ Misjah & DJ Tim [X-Trax]
"All over Gijon" Marco Bailey [Session]
"Acid Fresh" Mark Lloyd [Primate]
"Two B 30" Adam Beyer & Henrik B [Hybrid]
"Virton" Ignacio [Music Man]
"Challenger (757 rmx)" Bryan Zentz [MB Elektronics]
"4:54" Adam Beyer [Rotation]
"Cockfosters EP (Ade Fenton rmx)" Michael Burkat [Audio]
"Nayl" Gardel [Planet Rhythm]
"the Mole (Ben Sims rmx)" Joel Mull [Primevil]
"Remainings iii (Remix 2[k])" DK [Drumcode]
"Capture" Adam Beyer & Henrik B [MB Elektronics]
"D-Clash (Slam rmx)" Bryan Zentz [Intec]
"Cycled Patterns" Arthur Oskan [Restructured]

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ian
Dis track rocks: "the Mole (Ben Sims rmx)" Joel Mull [Primevil]
yeah its a classic,the electro break absolutley destoys the crowd when it kicks in....:D

d.code

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ian
Dis track rocks: "the Mole (Ben Sims rmx)" Joel Mull [Primevil]
I love this tune! This is by far the best remix of the tune.. but I really dig the basslines in Geateks version.. and I like Melrobs mellow take on tune.

I still play Ben's remix when ever I can !