• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Don't you just hate shirts?

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
High on Own Supply, Drug Smuggler Left Shirtless
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...and_briton_dc_1

Bangkok (Reuters) - A 35-year-old Briton, high on his own supply, smuggled 9,000 ecstasy tablets past eight customs officials in Thailand before being stopped on the street the next day and arrested for not wearing a shirt.

Alan John Kiernan arrived in Thailand from Switzerland Friday and made it through customs with the ecstasy haul -- worth 5 million baht ($127,600) -- hidden in special panels sewn into his sweat pants.

If found guilty, he could face the death penalty.

Police said Kiernan, whose travel documents said he came from Southampton in southern England, had told them he wanted to sell the pills to foreigners in Bangkok.

"The pills were found wrapped neatly in a plastic bag and hidden in his sweat pants. They were specially made with several layers," one police officer said.

Paraded in handcuffs before television cameras at a police news conference, Kiernan confessed to smuggling the tablets but said he had only been caught because he was walking around a park topless while trying to phone his local contact.

"They didn't catch me at the airport," he told Reuters Television. "I got through eight customs without being stopped once.

"This morning that copper over there arrested me for not having a shirt on. The next thing you know, he's pulled out these ecstasy tablets," he said, pointing to his trousers.

He added he had taken a few pills himself and appeared to accept his fate relatively calmly. His only regret was not being able to see a bit more of the sprawling Thai capital, he said.

"I can't even get out to have a look around," he complained.

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PRIMAL
Once the E wears off I think his outlook will be a bit more grave.

no pun intended

considering he could face the death penalty i don't think it'll take too long for cold harsh reality to set in

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
he was caught smuggling drugs into Thailand.

WHAT THE FUCK!! Your supposed to get caught smuggling drugs out of that country.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Well he actually didn't get caught smuggling them in, which is the funny part of the story.

He passed 8 guards, fucked out of his gourd, with the pills strapped under his pants.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Ditto Much
he was caught smuggling drugs into Thailand.

WHAT THE FUCK!! Your supposed to get caught smuggling drugs out of that country.

thai people need to get high too, you know!

quantumize

TRIBE Member
i can't believe he got thru 8 customs but got caught for walking around without a shirt

that sucks

and ravaged skulls, i wanted to ask you how did you accumulate 15000 posts without me noticing you before... did you have your handle changed ?

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by quantumize

and ravaged skulls, i wanted to ask you how did you accumulate 15000 posts without me noticing you before... did you have your handle changed ?

hahaha-I'm not sure how, and I'm not sure why- but mebbe he's really, really trying to avoid me by changing his name. But then again, it's not always about me, is it? :p
-J
Basic was good, but I gotta admit it- taht new name sound cooooool. How do I go about changing mine too???

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
You can only do it by the grace of GOD (aka AlexD.)

If 'twere easy as merely posting, I would have rid myself of this ludicrous moniker long ago.

I'ma gonna go around sucking on peoples sweat pants from now on.

lok

TRIBE Member
Yes I hate shirts almost as much as underwear.

but seriously, if he was only going to make $127,000 in revenue in THAILAND, why did he bother. They're vicious over there.

they do random hair testing in the schools. if your caught, expelled.

tayo

TRIBE Member
re: "don't you just hate shirts"
i know that's homer but i can't remember why he said it...:confused:

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by tayo
re: "don't you just hate shirts"
i know that's homer but i can't remember why he said it...:confused:

I believe what you're thinking of is hte Krusty as anti-corporate counter culture comic episode: in his first gig as such he gets people to burn money, which they all do with a zealous fervour. Then they go back for his next gig and Homer says he hopes they get to burn their pants, then during Krusty's set he yells out "Don't you hate pants?"

Ah, what a cultural touchstone Simpsons is.