• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Don't like popups?

vinder

TRIBE Member
the way it formats some pages is really weird.....i've been trying to play with it to figure out how to get it back to normal like IE, but no luck so far....if anyone does, please post how.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

echootje

TRIBE Member
Gotta break the browser in, get the preferences right but the first thing I like is the mouse gestures...

Sweet!

Rob

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

OTIS

TRIBE Member
I can't even get tribe to load with Opera. I like it's quick preferences, and it's layout, but certain pages won't load for me.

any advice?

joey

TRIBE Member
the odd time i cant get things to load...

like drop boxes dont always drop for me...

and sometimes the lines dividing threads aren't all there

deep

TRIBE Member
How to :

A] Turn off pop up windows : go to File -> Preferences -> Windows , select refuse pop up windows in the drop down menu

B] Import your bookmarks from Internet Explorer : File -> Import

C] Change the order of your bookmarks from alphabetic to whatever you want : Go to Bookmarks -> Manage bookmarks and click on view. My order means you move links manually to the order you want

D] Reduce the amount of clutter at the top of the screen : Go to view and turn off features one by one to keep the ones you want and get rid of the ones you don't. Also, under File->Preferences-> Browser Layout you can select to have the toolbar displayed as just images or just text instead of both.

E] Change your startup page : File->Preferences->Startup & Exit

F] Quickly change commonly used options : File->Quick Preferences

G] Have your personal information prewritten so it can be easily cut and pasted into forms : File->Preferences->Personal Information

(note : even though the opera team seems really focused on security I've decided to not fill in this stuff)

H] Change your default download directory : File -> Preferences -> Programs & Paths

I] Make Opera your default browser : File -> Preferences -> Default Browser , then checkmark the files you want to associate opera with (i.e. htm, html, etc.)

deep

TRIBE Member
One thing I like about this program is that you can open new pages in the background. I tend to open a main page and then open up all the links I want to see off it, so being able to open these pages by right clicking on the links and going to open in background loads them up while I'm reading something else.

deep

TRIBE Member
Re: wtf?

Originally posted by mutslaster
my homepage is set to cbc.ca but it keeps switching over to fucking forwards.com

goddammit.

check your pm

Also make sure to click apply after you change every preference. I.E. after you go into File -> Preferences and switch your startup page to cbc.ca

deep

TRIBE Member
File -> Preferences -> Network

Changing maximum connections per site to 16 and maximum total connections to 32 seems to make it even faster if you're on broadband.

MARCin

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep
One thing I like about this program is that you can open new pages in the background. I tend to open a main page and then open up all the links I want to see off it, so being able to open these pages by right clicking on the links and going to open in background loads them up while I'm reading something else.

Even better is the "open in background page" option, provided you didn't turn off page bar. than u can just click on the tab, and boom! Liking this browser lots..

marc..
ps. just wondering if there's any spyware attached, nothing's free in this world, you know.

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MARCin

Even better is the "open in background page" option, provided you didn't turn off page bar. than u can just click on the tab, and boom! Liking this browser lots..

marc..
ps. just wondering if there's any spyware attached, nothing's free in this world, you know.

no spyware attached. ran adaware afterwards and it found nothing added to my system. plus after you register it, you get rid of the banners.

MARCin

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep

no spyware attached. ran adaware afterwards and it found nothing added to my system. plus after you register it, you get rid of the banners.

Yup, just did the same thing, and it didn't find anything. Cool program indeed, thanks for all the info/help, deep!

swenard

TRIBE Member
I like the auto refresh for when I'm reading tribe.except it deletes whatever you're writing if it refreshes while you're writing a reply

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by nleye10d1
I've noticed on some message boards, the last message disappears completely. Any clues why?

cause our forum is wacky, it does that with ie for mac too...just the way it is...it's in the html as we revised it from the origional to fit in with the data base and the format of the new page.

anyone know where I can get a crack for opera v.5.0 for MAC.?