• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Don't let the door slap you on the way out!!

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Former Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin has said he intends formally to step down as leader of his Liberal Party this weekend.

It follows his party's painful defeat by the Conservatives in January's general election.

Mr Martin said on election night he would resign but had not given a date.

His 18-month government fell in a no-confidence vote late last year amid allegations of corruption. He himself was cleared of personal involvement.

In a formal letter of resignation, Mr Martin said he would stand down when Liberal party officials set a date for a leadership convention, at a meeting due to take place this weekend.

"I look forward to continuing to serve and contribute to the party that I have always and will always regard as my second family," he wrote.

Mr Martin retained his Quebec seat in the election and will remain a member of Parliament.

Leadership candidates are expected to put their names forward next week.

Mr Martin has already stepped down as parliamentary opposition leader, with former Defence Minister Bill Graham replacing him on an interim basis.

Conservative leader Stephen Harper was sworn in as the country's new prime minister last month, marking the end of 12 years of Liberal rule.

-------------------------------------

Thats what you get for fucking with the old guy Paul. Even as a card carrying member of your party I couldn't vote for you back stabber.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
By starting his leadership campaign while a member of cabinet before Jean quit or called a leadership convention. Jean had simply never lost a public election and was running huge surplus's during a time of complete peace.

It was dirty and his leadership campaign was even dirtier.

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
By starting his leadership campaign while a member of cabinet before Jean quit or called a leadership convention. Jean had simply never lost a public election and was running huge surplus's during a time of complete peace.

It was dirty and his leadership campaign was even dirtier.
Shit, well I know he must have been super eager to follow the line of other successful political Martins.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders