• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Donating vs Actual deaths

acheron

TRIBE Member
ALS Bucket thing is up to $50 million as of three days ago.

Also, this graph is pretty misleading.

How much does it cost to do research on these diseases? i.e. perhaps some are less costly than others.

Also, where did they get these numbers from? I suppose just the specific "event" charities listed? These don't capture the overall donation picture.

The Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation's revenues in 2013 were $116 million.
The American Heart Association's revenues in 2013 were $686 million.

SolChild

TRIBE Promoter

Also, this graph is pretty misleading.

How much does it cost to do research on these diseases? i.e. perhaps some are less costly than others.

Also, where did they get these numbers from? I suppose just the specific "event" charities listed? These don't capture the overall donation picture.

Agreed. We don't really know where the data is coming from exactly.
Would be interesting to see how far off the current/correct data for North America on this.

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member

Says CDC 2011- though i went to the cdc wesbite & can't find the stats..