• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Don Valley South to Richmond St

coleridge

TRIBE Member
The cops are back at it with their crafty radar gun antics.

Hiding behind light standards, trees, other cars.

Just a general warning to all the drivers out there when you're coming around the bend and down to the lights at Parlament.

I'm so carefull now (so I guess their campaign is working) but I've seen loads of people busted this week.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I've noticed cops EVERYWHERE on weekend for the last 2 weeks.

Like... a 10 minute drive home from Cri's house to mine.... I saw 8 cruizers.

8!

Rediculous

dstarr

TRIBE Member
That area both ways is HUGE speed trap.... going up to the DVP from Richmond is nasty for the same reasons... it's wide and you can be going like 80 without noticing the limit is actually 50... and the corner is sharp so they can see you long before you see them.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Revenue is down got to fix it somehow.

Shooting and stabbings up 37% speeding and improper lane changes down 7%! Rejoice!

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
driving around last night there was cops EVERYWHERE at 2 am. I even saw one drive across the sidewalk and into the park.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
coleridge said:
The cops are back at it with their crafty radar gun antics.

Hiding behind light standards, trees, other cars.

Just a general warning to all the drivers out there when you're coming around the bend and down to the lights at Parlament.

I'm so carefull now (so I guess their campaign is working) but I've seen loads of people busted this week.
awesome, thanks matt! i drive that way all the time.

the other notorious speed trap is the DVP north on-ramp driving east on bloor.

fuck you, pigs!!!

coleridge

TRIBE Member
dstarr said:
That area both ways is HUGE speed trap.... going up to the DVP from Richmond is nasty for the same reasons... it's wide and you can be going like 80 without noticing the limit is actually 50... and the corner is sharp so they can see you long before you see them.
Yeah I drive this area everyday.

If you're heading east on Adelaide to the north bound DVP they are there again now. They used to park right near the top of the bridge where Adelaide bends and goes up and over King St, after the long sweeping bend. Now they're down right at the on-ramp. They've been out of this area for a few months but have reappeared this week, its a constant flow of people getting busted.

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
Can I also add Eglinton Westbound just E of Leslie, there's that little hill between Don Mills and Leslie and the piggies sit on the other side of it waiting for you

Bloor/Danforth bridge between Castle Frank station and Broadview, used to only be westbound but now they'll pick you off going either direction, going eastbound they sit in the driveway of that school just before the DVP north onramp

For the 905ers, 16th eastbound from the 404, they hide in the driveway of an office building just W. of Woodbine

Yonge onramp to eastbound 401 in the morning, there's no right turn on a red and they sit there waiting for people who are in a hurry to turn right against that red.

Last one is be very aware of the stop sign on Isabella between Sherbourne and Jarvis, they sit there and watch for people to roll through that one, they're there all the time. My friend lives by there, I got caught once so now everytime I hit that stop sign I check and they're always there.

as an aside I've wondered what happened to the trap on Mt. Pleasant s. of St. Clair, they used to always hide either at the reservoir or farther south at whatever that street is, you never see them anymore though and people FLY on that stretch (who can blame them, one of the best driving areas of the city)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
funnily enough Jer it works...my days of getting tickets are over, I'm like an 80 year old man behind the wheel nowadays.

[shakes fist]Damn kids![/shakes fist]

finary

TRIBE Promoter
another place to watch out for is where I got nailed doing 109/60

Eglinton between Don Mills and Leslie... its huge like a highway, the signs are sparse and its only 60kmh!!!!

The cops sit there ALL the time and hand out $350 tickets like candy.

kmac

TRIBE Member
Good to know about the 404. I'm amazed that in my years of doing the drive north to Bloomington and 404, five days a week, going a minimum of 130, I've yet to be nabbed.

*knocks wood*

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Cawthra under the Dundas bridge usually has cops with their radar setup going southbound. It's a 50. Thing is... if you let your car coast from teh light to down under the bridge, my car gets up to 70kph without ever touching the gas... I almost got dinged once. So you can't just coast, you absolutely have to brake to not brake the law...

What makes it real funny, is that there are those Pointts Traffic Ticket Experts cars parked across the street... I think there's an office right there.

Jackasses.

kuba

TRIBE Member
cops hide at the bay street exit going eastbound on the gardiner, and on the entrance ramp going westbound on the gardiner, just after carlaw.

Resolver

TRIBE Member
Getting off at the Lakeshore South ramp from the Gardiner exit is a bitch as well. It's a maximun 60km/hr and people are gunning it and get pulled over with ease. There's a cop right before the bridge just waiting for somebody to go over the maximum speed limit. You can actually see the cop car when you're driving on the exit. It's actually one of the very few places where I "didn't" get pulled over .:D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kmac

TRIBE Member
You should see how fast my Hyundai goes, man. Actually, the fucker doesn't go fast at all so I've simmered down on the speeding these days. Not because I care but because it's impossible.

zee

TRIBE Member
kmac said:
Good to know about the 404. I'm amazed that in my years of doing the drive north to Bloomington and 404, five days a week, going a minimum of 130, I've yet to be nabbed.

*knocks wood*
yeah, seriously

i always see a bunch of people nabbed but i have yet to figure out where the cops usually hide

AshG

Incidentally, that tactic they use of hiding behind opaque objects and corners is the very thing that will prove your innocence in court.

Few people know this, but a police officer must "form an independent opinion as to a vehicle's speed prior to obtaining a reading from a speed measuring device".
And since its extremely difficult to judge a vehicle's speed with your own eyes prior to the radar gun going off, if a vehicle is, say, rounding a corner or a hill, then the police almost corrupt their entire case in choosing these tactics.

kuba

TRIBE Member
AshG said:
Incidentally, that tactic they use of hiding behind opaque objects and corners is the very thing that will prove your innocence in court.

Few people know this, but a police officer must "form an independent opinion as to a vehicle's speed prior to obtaining a reading from a speed measuring device".
And since its extremely difficult to judge a vehicle's speed with your own eyes prior to the radar gun going off, if a vehicle is, say, rounding a corner or a hill, then the police almost corrupt their entire case in choosing these tactics.
why the fuck are you a teacher when you would be probably an amazing lawyer making 5x that?!!?!

come on man, tribe's got lots of felons looking for advice!