• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Domestic @ Footwork - Friday October 7

vench

TRIBE Promoter
oh my goodness... that's all I can say. I would have written this earlier but I haven't had access to the internet until today. I got there around 12:45 or so and found a very busy club inside. J-Prez was playing when I arrived and then Manzone and Strong (Strong played as Manzone was taking care of business someplace else) and all I have to say is... what the fuck!!

he totally killed it. rocking tunes and the crowd (which looked like a lot of the old people I used to run into at Film on Fridays) was into it and were having a wicked time.

very enthusiastic crowd, great music and what a great venue this turned out to be.

this is one Friday night you must check out...

proper

Acidman

TRIBE Member
Got there around 12, the club was definetly more busy than few months ago..BUT...

when Footwork just opened up few months ago, we thought ok this venue will be my favorite, nice sound system with a nice underground feeling and a knowledgable crowd , and the music was awesome too, they booked guys like Tyler Stadius, Wilkie, MADNY, Mateo Murphy... I thought finally we have a good venue that keeps the quality of music high as well, sadly i got there around 12 last night and felt like i was in Film lounge...

Music was real disappointment the whole time, crowd was full of juice bags and strippers just like Film lounge...

The same venue i had so much fun before seeing guys like Matt C, Tim Patrick, Sean Crawford playing good music now has turned to the new Film lounge with the same shitty music and crowd...
I mean the dude who was playing there at about 12 to 2 sucked really bad, after him the other guy got up there started playing a lot of trash... fuck.

Never go to Friday nights again ...

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
Got to the club at around 12 and Jprez was getting the dancefloor moving. Manzone & Strong(well one of them was there) brought the energy up when he hit the decks. Lots of people dancing, smiling and rawkin it out. Addy was up last and he got prime time started. Big basslines with lots of drums. I loved it.

Definitely a great way to power down from a long hard week.

Jonesy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Acidman
Music was real disappointment the whole time, crowd was full of juice bags and strippers just like Film lounge...

The same venue i had so much fun before seeing guys like Matt C, Tim Patrick, Sean Crawford playing good music now has turned to the new Film lounge with the same shitty music and crowd...
I mean the dude who was playing there at about 12 to 2 sucked really bad, after him the other guy got up there started playing a lot of trash... fuck.

Never go to Friday nights again ...
come on a saturday then.

miller

TRIBE Member
sick times a couple weeks ago so me thinks i gotta give it another go...or 2, before i decide it's too much like film.

great space anyway