• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

doing taxes

joey

TRIBE Member
is there any good sites i can use that make doing my taxes easy, fast, easy, optimize my refund and are easy?

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
He's looking for one of these:

You can pick up Quicktax @ Staples too... if you want more than just the web option

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kmac

TRIBE Member
Big ups quicktaxweb.ca.

It's pretty much fool proof, even for my small businesses shite. Too bad I still owe the government though.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
think the process is tricky. knowing what boxes to fill in.

like I used up some of my RRSP contribution from 2005, income from stocks, interest paid on student loans (ick), etc.

can get kind of tricky.

Dialog

TRIBE Member
I used to think doing taxes w/ just your T4s was intimdating. Then I started doing my own (with help) for a sole proprietorship/freelancing scenario and now I fantasize about a 'just-T4s' tax filing :rolleyes:

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
i love quicktaxweb.

i never make enough money to have to pay for it either [under $25,000, and it's free](no - i'm not a wastoid, i just can't work full-time for physical reasons), so it's extra awesome for me (and students and wastoids).

i just did my entire return in 15 mins (including a 5 minute online chat with a customer service rep regarding a question i had), and as soon as i get thru to rev can to get my netfile number, i'll be filing it online too.

w00t!

Shug

TRIBE Member
How fast do you see the cash, via these different online methods - assuming you have already DD'd in previous years?

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I just filed with ufile, easy peazy. 4th year in a row I've used it and I highly recommand it.

I also filed my 1999 tax year return tonight, couldn't netfile it, but it completed everything for me.

labRat

TRIBE Member
Shug said:
How fast do you see the cash, via these different online methods - assuming you have already DD'd in previous years?
it doesn't matter which software package you use as they all submit through the same revenue canada website.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
smack said:
Today I did a return for a guy thats getting a $47,000 refund :eek:
What if you do your taxes and you are to get a refund......but then after you receive your $$ you realize that you weren't supposed to get so much due to an error. How likely is Stephen Harper's posse likely to reassess you?

This ever happened to anyone? I'm talking about a $300 difference.