• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Doing cool things with your cell phone

basilisk

TRIBE Member
I'm wondering if anyone here has messed around with their cell to any extent - modding - custom software - peripherals or add-on gadgets?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

basilisk

TRIBE Member
C'mon guys, this is so "general forum" of y'all ;)
It's a Motorola Razr v3c...

Howard forums is chock full of stuff but the instructions are fucked the hell up from what I read.

Cheap Ego

TRIBE Member
forward your cell phone to your land line.
forward your land line to your cell phone.
call either.
watch the world crumble.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
I use mine as a bluetooth remote for my powerbook.
You can use it to control DVD/audio playback.

Also when I'm in the headphones and the phone rings, the number comes up on my screen .. I can even use the built in mic on my powerbook to talk to people via bluetooth.

I can customize almost every facet of my phone via bluetooth.

If you have a Sony Ericsson w/ Bluetooth check here
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=203100

deevah

TRIBE Member
when i had my nokia 6188 (rip), i gave it a total facelift

clear blue shell (not just the faceplate, the back piece too), blue lights, blue LED, a short multicolor antenna

i use to use it as a beacon so that friends could find me @ a dark club and it was a long standing joke @ how bright the fucker was...3 mos after i got it done, bell came out w/ that commercial where a buncha guys light up their phones to point out where their cottage is.

T

TRIBE Member
Samsung a920 here.

lots of hacks for it online www.cellphonehacks.com

since I have unlimited high speed browsing on my phone, i can surf the web, use msn, google maps etc, at any time.

also, you can make and download your own ring tone using rumkin.com

pm if you need more info.

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
oddmyth said:
I use mine as a bluetooth remote for my powerbook.
You can use it to control DVD/audio playback.

Also when I'm in the headphones and the phone rings, the number comes up on my screen .. I can even use the built in mic on my powerbook to talk to people via bluetooth.

I can customize almost every facet of my phone via bluetooth.

If you have a Sony Ericsson w/ Bluetooth check here
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=203100

Yeah I found the Float Mobile Agent a while ago, never saw this site though. I think its a great program, and updates with Outlook way better than the program that came with my phone.

http://fma.sourceforge.net/index2.htm

Lots of wicked stuff there, thanks!

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
Cheap Ego said:
forward your cell phone to your land line.
forward your land line to your cell phone.
call either.
watch the world crumble.

lol, reminds me of doing a fax bomb.

Anakin

TRIBE Member
basilisk said:
C'mon guys, this is so "general forum" of y'all ;)
It's a Motorola Razr v3c...

Howard forums is chock full of stuff but the instructions are fucked the hell up from what I read.

Razrs are totaly hackable. Howard Forums are good. But MotoModders http://motomodders.net/ has more information and easier tutorials.

I have a Razr, and I upgraded the flash, enabled video recording, removed all the rogers branding, put up some custom themes. Good stuff all around.

Karim

TRIBE Member
technowelt said:
i have a motorola e815m on Bell. I've done some seem editing to unlock some of the crippled features.

Where did you get info on this??

I have full episodes of Dave Chapelle on my phone. Pretty good quality too.

basilisk

TRIBE Member
Should I expect to be able to use my digicam's USB cable? My computer can talk to the phone but anytime I try to flash/flex whatever it fails.

technowelt

TRIBE Member

technowelt

TRIBE Member
basilisk said:
Should I expect to be able to use my digicam's USB cable? My computer can talk to the phone but anytime I try to flash/flex whatever it fails.

Probably not.. From my limited experience, non-OEM cables are unreliable. You are better off purchasing another cable.

T

TRIBE Member
just grabbed a 512meg Micro SD card for 50$ tax in, get home, and find out my phone will in fact handle the 1gig. All good tho.
so far i have the whole first season of Entourage and about 20 mp3 sets.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
I sit on a quiet bus and go through each phone ring at the max volume. ya know, just incase I didn't hear it the first time.

milos

TRIBE Member
Anakin said:
Razrs are totaly hackable. Howard Forums are good. But MotoModders http://motomodders.net/ has more information and easier tutorials.

I have a Razr, and I upgraded the flash, enabled video recording, removed all the rogers branding, put up some custom themes. Good stuff all around.
have you tried increasing the volume on the wired headset? i'd like to try that but would rather know its doable first before i mess with any of the files