• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dog Owners Thread

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
can anyone send me recommendations for a good rotti breeder? or someone that has nice rottie puppies - temperment is the most important.

feel free to PM me.

mingster

TRIBE Member
We live on College and Ossington, Trinity Bellwoods is actually our closest, but when I've taken Derby I haven't seen too many dogs there. Steve takes him a lot more than I do because I work 2 jobs. If I take him, I'll take him to the off leash dog park at Jarvis because there are more dogs there and we make an afternoon of it.

Is there somewhere else I could take him?
there's an offleash at harbord and grace, bickford park. it's in the bowl there.

i used to take zak and there was usually a pretty good crowd. sometimes not, but i never mind having the whole park to ourselves.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I haven't been to high park yet with the new guy and since so many of you go there on the weekends we should do a meetup.

any interest???

Spence I'm still waiting to see your doggie

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
can anyone send me recommendations for a good rotti breeder? or someone that has nice rottie puppies - temperment is the most important.

feel free to PM me.
* Waves (x2)

PM me if you hear anything good MissBlu and I will do the same. I miss my boy :(

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
I got my Rottie from Zebi's Rottweilers, near Greenbank/Scugog/Port Perry area they've been breeding Rotties since the 70's.

Zebi Rottweilers :: Canadian Rottweiler Kennel :: Ontario, Canada

Shes also on the Rottweiler Club of Canada reputable breeders list, where the breeders have to follow the Code of Ethics.

Rottweiler Club of Canada - Breeder Directory

I paid $1200 for mine, all the papers come with the dog of course, the pedigree goes back 3 generations, first 2 shots are included, the pups are chipped, and you get 2 or 3 months of free dog health insurance that covers up to $700.

They only breed dogs with great temperament. Either 1 or both parents will be a show dog. The father of mine won many titles.

skyparty

TRIBE Member
I'd love to go, except conehead is out of commission until we get from Cuba.

It's too bad really, he needs a dog park run so bad! We were sneaking him for sidewalk walks, but his stitches were getting irritated :(

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member

feel free to PM me.
1 very important thing I forgot to mention. If this will be your first Rottie, please, please do your research on this breed before buying. These dogs do test ya,(alpha) you'll want to know what you'll be getting.

Signing up for training is a must!!( positive reinforcement), so the trainer can help guide you through the process.

If this will be your 2nd or 3rd Rottie, then you'll know what I'm talking about.

PM me if you hear anything good MissBlu and I will do the same. I miss my boy
Your baby passed away ???????????

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
1 very important thing I forgot to mention. If this will be your first Rottie, please, please do your research on this breed before buying. These dogs do test ya,(alpha) you'll want to know what you'll be getting.

Signing up for training is a must!!( positive reinforcement), so the trainer can help guide you through the process.

If this will be your 2nd or 3rd Rottie, then you'll know what I'm talking about.
not for me, but i will also pass this information along with the recommendation.

thanks!

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
Anybody know a reputable Holistic vet clinic in the Toronto or Scarborough area? When Heartworm season arrives I would like to go chem free.

I know I can Google ones up but I would like one who somebody uses or if you know somebody who uses a Holistic vet.

Penny Lane

TRIBE Member
My beautiful girl was just diagnosed with bi-lateral hip dysplasia. Anyone with a rotti (or other large breed) that has this degenerative condition? I'm heart broken that she has to go through this, as I cant afford surgery and have to have her meds. :(

kuba

TRIBE Member
our friends drove to barrie to go to the spca there, because they couldn't afford some procedures for their dog and said it was much cheaper - have you called some places around to see if that is an option? vet schools? I dunno, just trying to help.

kuba

TRIBE Member
whenever you guys go to high park again let me know - i'd love to bring lilly, and want to see spencer's new dog (didn't know you got one)

mingster

TRIBE Member
My beautiful girl was just diagnosed with bi-lateral hip dysplasia. Anyone with a rotti (or other large breed) that has this degenerative condition? I'm heart broken that she has to go through this, as I cant afford surgery and have to have her meds. :(
we went through this with our shepherd, max. it was very heartbreaking. don't feel bad about not being able to afford the surgery, few people can, and the information that we got about it didn't make it sound that promising, unless there have been advances in the science since then.

the vet said that the condition isn't particularly painful. ultimately, we did the best we could to give him the best quality of life that we could. the best we could do for him was love him lots and give him bufferin until things started happening that we didn't think he should have to live through.

i wish i could tell you some more uplifting things. i don't envy you, this isn't an easy thing to go through, but know that your dog still wants to be around you, and will still appreciate all the doting that you could give her.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
whenever you guys go to high park again let me know - i'd love to bring lilly, and want to see spencer's new dog (didn't know you got one)
penny lane sorry to hear about your dog I hope everything works out.

As for the Dogpark do you guys want to try for this weekend?

say 11am on Sunday?

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
My previous dog Alex a Bit Bull/Belgian Shepherd mix developped Hip Dysplasia as she got older, first signs of arthritis came in when she turned 7, and we put her down at the age of 9 when she couldn't make it up the stairs from the basement without assistance. She was never very active to begin with, slept most of the day even when she was young. She was a bit rotund due to this.

She was a happy dog till the end, the pain or trouble she suffered due to her condition did not alter her demeanor at all, she was still the sweetest most gentle dog. Living that long was pretty good for a big breed.