• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Does this amount of tuition credits sound high?

swilly

TRIBE Member
OK so i called the CCRA and asked them about the total amount of tuition credits that i have to claim this year. They said i could claim 35,000 federally and some 27,909 provincially.

But what would mean my education was close to 60,000 dollars which seems way to expensive.

Perhaps is the 35,000 the total amount and the provincial part is a component of the 35,000 and they are not added togethor?

swilly

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
well, have you paid that much in tuition?

35,000 yes. But the two combined no. Is the provincial credit a part of the federal credit or are the two added togethor?

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

kyfe

TRIBE Member
are you really an Indian, because if so your education should be 100% covered.

So this should be a non issue

Kazoo

TRIBE Member
swilly said:
OK so i called the CCRA and asked them about the total amount of tuition credits that i have to claim this year. They said i could claim 35,000 federally and some 27,909 provincially.

But what would mean my education was close to 60,000 dollars which seems way to expensive.

Perhaps is the 35,000 the total amount and the provincial part is a component of the 35,000 and they are not added togethor?
I would fight this injustice long and hard.

BayStreetBoi

TRIBE Member
swilly said:
This is correct. The amounts are not added together. Federal taxes are calculated separately from provincial taxes so there may be a difference in what you have available to deduct for each stream.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain