• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

does tea give you stomach ache?

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
seriously i get this barfy feeling sometimes when i drink tea on an empty stomach or in the morning in general.

i thought mabey because i dont put surgar or milk...
 

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
When I use too much tea leaves and I have an empty stomach, I also get that nausea feeling. Could that be caused by the fluoride found in the tea?

My other guess would be that the tea is Isolating the free radicals in one's system and becomes overwhelming on the liver. (on that first cup of the day)
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

supakeli

TRIBE Member
If I drink green or black tea without any milk, sugar or honey in it first thing in the morning, I get totally barfy.

Then again, I get barfy often in the morning, so maybe I'm not a good example.
 

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
supakeli said:
If I drink green or black tea without any milk, sugar or honey in it first thing in the morning, I get totally barfy.
I get that same thing.
Like I said, I think it's the tea trying to excrete all the toxins that were released from your fat molecules overnight.
 

kat

TRIBE Member
drinking any liquid on an empty stomach can make you feel naseous.

i dont think its something to do with tea specifically.
 

supakeli

TRIBE Member
djdeposit said:
I get that same thing.
Like I said, I think it's the tea trying to excrete all the toxins that were released from your fat molecules overnight.
What are you trying to say?:mad:




:p
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
kat said:
drinking any liquid on an empty stomach can make you feel naseous.

i dont think its something to do with tea specifically.
coffe no problem,
juice is okay,

but tea brings on the barfy feeling almost every time.

i tried putting lemon in there and it didnt do much,
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

rizzlah

TRIBE Member
non-scientific information:

once i barfed in the morning after drinking tea, i told my friend because it was so weird and she said its normal. only with black tea though, not herbals.

good thing it wasn't a baby :)

edit: point is: black tea on empty stomach in morning = don't do.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

why not

TRIBE Member
i'm so glad someone else has experienced this.

i used to be able to drink tea whenever, but as of a few years ago, any kind of black tea now makes me nauseous, especially in the morning.
i've actually puked from it before.

it's definitely not the liquid/caffeine in the morning - coffee or espresso is the first thing in my body every day for the past 15 years.

maybe they're using some new kind of pesticide or preserving agent?
i don't have any food allergies, but i do to some dusts, molds, animal dander, and pollen.
 

kat

TRIBE Member
hmm black tea is the most oxidatated and the highest in caffiene. its also the strongest in flavour.

i would assume its more the strength of the tea hitting your empty stomach than new farming practices.
 

why not

TRIBE Member
kat said:
hmm black tea is the most oxidatated and the highest in caffiene. its also the strongest in flavour.

i would assume its more the strength of the tea hitting your empty stomach than new farming practices.
i've been known to make absurdly strong coffee in the morning have have no problems. there's no way it's the caffeine, i know what it feels like to abuse that.

when i said black tea, i just meant anything other than green tea or herbal tea.
 

kat

TRIBE Member
it could have something to do with the oxidation or flavonoids then?

cuz green and black tea are the same..except black has been completely oxidized.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top