• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Does Mike Gleeson post on Tribe?!

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
I think he does. anyway, I am selling my car this weekend, and went to clean it out. I have "DJ Mike Gleeson - Inviscid Flow tapes 1 and 2 along with a typed letter. if I remember correctly, you dropped it off at my house in guelph after meeting on housemusic.com.
that was a long time ago.
anyway, the tapes still kickass.
thanks.
that is all.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
Lil'Timmy said:
"The Shirt"
we tried to burn it once...it just wouldn't burn..like magic.
Lee Sauceborn and I spent a good 10 minutes trying to burn that at the dukes beach party the other year. I'm not sure if its Satan's shirt himself, or its just so ugly that flames don't even want to touch it.... Either way that shirt is composed of all that is unholy in this world.

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
Kalemic said:
Lee Sauceborn and I spent a good 10 minutes trying to burn that at the dukes beach party the other year. I'm not sure if its Satan's shirt himself, or its just so ugly that flames don't even want to touch it.... Either way that shirt is composed of all that is unholy in this world.
Oh agreed. Plants die when he passes by wearing it

AshG

groovespinna said:
I think he does. anyway, I am selling my car this weekend, and went to clean it out. I have "DJ Mike Gleeson - Inviscid Flow tapes 1 and 2 along with a typed letter. if I remember correctly, you dropped it off at my house in guelph after meeting on housemusic.com.
that was a long time ago.
anyway, the tapes still kickass.
thanks.
that is all.
Yes indeed i do post here.

I did do a mix a few years ago called "Isentropic Flow", though it was cd only; never a tape. I don't recall writing a letter, but then I have played in guelph a fair bit over the years, and I also have an incredibly awful memory, so undoubtedly you're right.

Here it is for download in any case: www.djmikegleeson.com/Music/Isentropic_Flow.mp3

But I'm sure its the same mix. Thanks very much for the kudos - glad you still enjoy it!

That mix was one of the earlier ones i did... kind of near the start of this series of mixes I've done, called Bumpin'.
Actually its been way too long since last did a mix like that... 2 years i think...
but I'll have a new Bumpin' done up for July 1!

At the risk of being too spamtastic, I'll mention that there will a Bumpin cd and website launch party July 1 with Fred Everything, where you can grab the mix cd for free!

Anyway the site will have access to all my old mixes and guest dj mixes from all kinds of djs, so it should be semi-interesting, provided of course you skip all the stuff about me.

Now to address the rather more important issue of the shirt.
The famed long-sleeved version(for you trivia buffs, yes there is a short sleeved version) is a technicolour marvel of ancient textile manufacturing. As mentioned, it received a healthy dose of hot flame-y hate a summer or 2 ago, as i and the shirt were pitted against the forces of evil(aka Pokerface, Kalemic, and their minions) who mistakenly believed they could vanquish the almighty shirt with the use of mere fire. Today we see the results of that misguided attempt - mere singe marks that serve more of a rite of passage sort of purpose rather than evidence of any real harm done to said garment miracle. And so the shirt's marvel and righteousness grows in pseudo-martyrdom, refreshed anew each summer season, growing as does the dewey grass, with a persistence and a lawlessness all its own, though with considerably less green.

mike g

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
my tapes clearly say Inviscid Flow. Ill download that link at work where the cassette decks are later to see.
this was in 99, btw.

AshG

groovespinna said:
my tapes clearly say Inviscid Flow. Ill download that link at work where the cassette decks are later to see.
this was in 99, btw.
huh - maybe i did do a tape called that.
i wonder what it sounds like.