1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Does anyone own orb audio speakers?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Mar 22, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

are they any good?

2. --[Zirca]--

--[Zirca]-- TRIBE Promoter

A friend of mine has them and swears by them. He uses them for his home entertainment system, so music, movies, games.

I'm actually looking to get a few for my place in the near future.

3. Do they come in little fluffy clouds?

4. alexd

i am looking for some small but potent speakers to bring down to SA on my next trip to put in the living room. electronics down there can be a bit pricey so i hope to score them here or online to save money.

They have to be reasonably lightweight as they are going in my luggage.

5. octo

octo TRIBE Member

a pair of decent bookshelf speakers will sound better than 5 micro speakers.

speakers that small aren't going to sound "good." they're going to sound like small speakers. you're paying for style not sound quality. you'll get similar, if not better performance, from any small speaker package like the ones that are available at futureshop or best buy.

[​IMG]

$599
    Klipsch HD Theatre 300 5.1 Speaker System - Future Shop

that being said, if i were going to get small speakers i would definately get the coolest ones i could find because at that size sound quality is secondary.

6. alexd

Wasn't small speaker technology vastly improved by the advent of those neodymium magnets, especially on the bass end? A couple of decent bookshelf speakers is probably what I need...

7. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

go to Moog Audio and see what they have. Some have built in preamps, so you don't (necessarily) need an amplifier.

8. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

little fluffy clouds? little fluffy clouds? little fluffy clouds?

i see, and know, what you did

9. maphi

maphi TRIBE Member

I believe Submission has a couple of nice picture frames that sound great according to him (in an experimental kind of way).

10. veteze

veteze TRIBE Promoter

how are these powered? what country are you going to? argentina, peru and a few others are all 220-230V and euro plugs. Columbia and Bolivia are on USA and Brazil uses both. It's a fucking mess down there.

11. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

SA = South Africa in this case.

12. maphi

maphi TRIBE Member

They're not Orbs, but they're close. These are the speakers Elvis used to master with.

[​IMG]

13. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

ugh you dont even know.

get it straight -- all the singers used THESE to master:

[​IMG]

now THAT's analog

14. maphi

maphi TRIBE Member

Whatever you say old man.

15. veteze

veteze TRIBE Promoter