• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Does anyone listen to XM or Sirius?

danielablau

TRIBE Promoter
Are they worth it? any reviews on the music? The music genre's don't seem to cover much electronic music.........looks like definately no jungle at least.........some references to house and big beat...........

Feedback anyone?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
Sirius has BBC Radio 1. So you get the Essential Mix and the Residency which are the best shows on there IMO.

I don't know about any dnb or jungle, but they also have a decent trance/progressive station.

defazman

TRIBE Member
plus area 33 has groove radio shows on friday (and possibly other days), as well as the Global Warmup

defazman

TRIBE Member
it is Radio 1 International, almost like listening to the radio in england but without the time offset difference.

ps. you can buy an american unit and subscribe to the canadian service if you don't like the few options for hardware we have here.

danielablau

TRIBE Promoter
I'm tempted, there is a unit for 40 bux at futureshop i wanna buy just to try out...........i hear you get like 3 months free service with the unit.......is that the case with all units?

Katman

TRIBE Member
A buddy of mine was telling me all about Howard Stern and I realized how much I missed him in the mornings, so yesterday I bought a Sirius radio. Listen to the first show this AM and howled all the way to work...fuck you Andy Berry... you will not cough in my ears ever again!

I haven't ventured beyond channel 100 yet, but lots of interesting choices. I was really amazed at how quickly it was set up as well.. spent $113 for the radio and then signed up for 1 yr for another $180 or so. Got the Father's day home package for free and the whole process took about 20 minutes.

Caz

TRIBE Member
Sirius tends to get more 'underground' type stuff. XM is better for comedy and talk channels IMO

romstah

TRIBE Member
i have xm radio, they have 4 dance channels:
The Move - house(from deep to tech), breaks (thumpfunk), dnb (pressure), techno (hardwire), essential mix, transitions (john digweed's show)
XM Chill - downtempo, chill
BPM - dance, mainstream house, freestyle
System - trance, techno

i mostly listen to the move coz of the mixshows they have. Here's the schedule of the shows
http://xmradio.com/programming/channel_guide.jsp?ch=80

T_Dot_House

TRIBE Member
I've heard XM is better for music and Sirius has Howard.
I personally love Howard Stern so I signed up for a lifetime membership with Sirius. I also love the 3 comedy channels they have.
But XM's "The Move" channel looks was better than Sirius' "Area 33" electronica channel. (I'm a house head) Hmmm maybe I'll get that also.
I never listen to regular radio anymore except for AM 680 for local current news.