• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Does anyone ever win contests from beer companies?

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
As I was watching TV last night it occurred to me that beer companies always have some kind of contest/promotion going to get people to buy their beer. The problem that I have with them is that no one ever seems to win, they never say when their contest is going until and they never show you any of the winners or what they actually won. The one that bugs me the most atm is the Maxim Golf Thing by Coors which has seemingly been around for a few years. Remember Molson's Big Band Small Club shit, who won those tickets and did those shows actually happen? My friend has won a hospital lottery (he got a 2.5 million dollar dream house in North Van) and I have met winners of $50, 000 scratch lotto tickets but in my life I have NEVER heard of anyone winning anything other than a free Tshirt from a beer company.

Are these contests a sham?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
I've had a couple friends win the concert tickets, and the shows did happen...

I always wonder what would happen if a chick won the Coors one. Would she get to golf with hot guys? Or would she sell her win to the highest bidder?

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
I was involved in the London bar scene which had a long standing beer war between Labatts and Molson, and I can tell you in my town... it was all rigged. We got so much SWAG, tix, kix, and chix it was unreal.

artemis

TRIBE Member
it was the *most* amazing time i have ever had anywhere!

they paid for absolutelly everything (except alcohol, of course) and there were about 100 winners in total who all got to party together! we took over almost the whole hotel, and included in the price were also the tickets and transportation to each event... pacha, privilege, all the best djs and clubs!

It was SO well organized... and just freakin' fantastic! Beaches during the day, and crazy madness at night...

JESuX

TRIBE Member
JEMZ said:
I was involved in the London bar scene which had a long standing beer war between Labatts and Molson, and I can tell you in my town... it was all rigged. We got so much SWAG, tix, kix, and chix it was unreal.

yeah, i remember a few beer-sponsored nights in l-town that were pretty nutso!

one of my favourite promotions-gone-way-wrong was a heineken sponsored night at old city hall (i think you may have been there, jamie?) when they hired slutted out (and bored as HELL) schoolgirls to issue out "detention slips" to people who were supposedly in violation of the rules. (ie: looking too hot at the bar, or making out with your teacher)

the chicks were getting hit on all night and i swear, most of them were suppressing yawns and glares for the duration of their slutty stint.

haha, good times!

defazman

TRIBE Member
my buddy won a trip for two to BC a while back on Canada day for a concert. He didn't take me, which was bad, but it was the GooGoo Dolls, so I didn't mind.

sk8

TRIBE Member
Steve won the Labatt Blue Cellphone and then we got texted with the secret concert and went to that.

it was Sugar Ray

marcinm

TRIBE Member
artemis said:
it was the *most* amazing time i have ever had anywhere!

they paid for absolutelly everything (except alcohol, of course) and there were about 100 winners in total who all got to party together! we took over almost the whole hotel, and included in the price were also the tickets and transportation to each event... pacha, privilege, all the best djs and clubs!

It was SO well organized... and just freakin' fantastic! Beaches during the day, and crazy madness at night...

yeah, i entered this aswell.
some people have luck with stuff like this! :p

Boo

TRIBE Member
Temper Tantrum said:
YAY CIRRHOSIS! *clappy hands*

My grandfather died in his early 50's of cirrhosis. Left my 13 year old uncle without a father.

Its not that awesome

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Boo said:
My grandfather died in his early 50's of cirrhosis. Left my 13 year old uncle without a father.

Its not that awesome

would he have not left your father or mother without a dad aswell?

bitchass

TRIBE Member
I was at the Fatboy Slim Molson event in Banff - most of the winners were from Ontario and New Brunswick and seemed to have no idea who the hell Fatboy Slim was. Those who did were having a pretty awesome time, though.