• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

does anyone else do potluck lunches at work?

queen naeema

TRIBE Member
today i brought a stirfry, sweet potato fries and sauteed mushrooms. raj brought channa and cheese and tomato sandwiches. we all shared with the boss, we do it every day, its awesome and makes lunch such a great time!

does anyone else share lunches with coworkers? if not, you should!!

kuba

TRIBE Member
queen naeema said:
today i brought a stirfry, sweet potato fries and sauteed mushrooms. raj brought channa and cheese and tomato sandwiches. we all shared with the boss, we do it every day, its awesome and makes lunch such a great time!

does anyone else share lunches with coworkers? if not, you should!!
what kind of hippy co-op do you work at?
:p

all kidding aside, that's a great idea. Too bad I work in such a shitty real estate office.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Ina very multicultural office I worked at we decided to do a potluck where everyone would bring a dish indicactive of thier culture. When asked what I would bring, me being the white man of the group, I was confused. But then I realized that to be faithful to my culture I would not bring anything and instead eat all thier food.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
My group started this whole potluck idea a few years ago, and the aim was to have one once a month or so. I was down with them at first, but then everyone just started picking up a pie at pizza pizza, or going to the deli counter at loblaws and it basically just turned into us eating different fast foods and no one's homecooking.

and then there was the time I caught my boss who doesn't ever wash his hands after using the men's room, tossing the ceasar salad with his BARE FUCKING HANDS.. and yeah, the pot lucks ended right then and there for this guy. (no i didn't eat it)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
yeah man its great. except everyone ends up drunk because my boss doesn't cook so he just brings beer and wine.

littlejon

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
We all bring our knitting and give each other tips.

ahem.
if you are joking, this is reality at my work.

last week there was a team-building knitting workshop during lunch, where everyone was taught to start scarves.

and yeah, this is a pinko hippy enviro co-op.

acheron

TRIBE Member
the wife does salad club (do not discuss salad club!) with the hens in her office... mine does this overblown thing at christmas and a bbq during the summer. Always 2x the food we actually need so it's a real belt-buster. my only wish is that my office is too white... not enough ethnic stuff coming in. if I were in my company's accounting department, on the other hand...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

littlejon

TRIBE Member
constantly, all day long.

those hippy dippy girls really put out, once you get past the patchouli stench and fuzzy bits.

i like bending them over the composer and stuffing their naughty bits.

alcid

TRIBE Member
My office does a 9 months until christmas, 6 months until christmas, 3 months until christmas and then a christmas potluck. They always have themes for the food you bring in. We just had one yesterday and the theme was "Spring Cleaning: Healthy Foods". Every single time me and this other guy make a point of just picking up a bucket of KFC. We figure that'll learn those goddamn keeners and their stupid themes.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:
Ina very multicultural office I worked at we decided to do a potluck where everyone would bring a dish indicactive of thier culture. When asked what I would bring, me being the white man of the group, I was confused. But then I realized that to be faithful to my culture I would not bring anything and instead eat all thier food.
haha

You could have just brought some white wonderbread.

acheron

TRIBE Member
alcid said:
Every single time me and this other guy make a point of just picking up a bucket of KFC. We figure that'll learn those goddamn keeners and their stupid themes.
ha in my office this one guy got a kfc bucket because he forgot to make something for the potluck, and the next year two other people went in on it with him, and then the next year it was five people until this last year they banned 'the bucket' because our potluck was turning into 1/3 KFC.

queen naeema

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
the wife does salad club (do not discuss salad club!) with the hens in her office... mine does this overblown thing at christmas and a bbq during the summer. Always 2x the food we actually need so it's a real belt-buster. my only wish is that my office is too white... not enough ethnic stuff coming in. if I were in my company's accounting department, on the other hand...

bahahahah!!!! so true!!

(i work at an accounting firm)

m0ff

TRIBE Member
we do them once every couple months...apparently it's supposed to boost branch morale. Whatever.

ps. I bring in Hamburger Helper and tell everyone it's casserole from scratch...suckers.

acheron

TRIBE Member
our department is so white even the Thai guy (the only ethnic fella in the dep't) brought in takeout thai chicken skewers.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
We're doing a potluck next Thursday at my work. I don't know what I'm going to bring yet.

Maybe some jerk chicken so they can see how much carribean culture I ooze.

Boo

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
We all bring our knitting and give each other tips.
lol totally

only place I worked with Pot Luck was dominated with middle aged women

I went to a male dominated industry (engineering) and we got shitfaced after work instead.

artemis

TRIBE Member
when i was a sock designer...we used to have the BEST korean hot pot lunches!

everyone would bring something to 'stew' and there is a large pot with boiling broth, several different kinds segmented off..and you dip your food and wait for it to cook...end up being like a 2.5 hour lunch! :) and really promotes team building!

derek

TRIBE Member
one time when i use to work for RBC at 180 wellington there was a pot-luck lunch. 4hrs later they had to bring in one of those ambulance buses because half the staff were very ill. luckily, i met a friend for lunch that day.

littlejon

TRIBE Member
artemis said:
when i was a sock designer...we used to have the BEST korean hot pot lunches!

everyone would bring something to 'stew' and there is a large pot with boiling broth, several different kinds segmented off..and you dip your food and wait for it to cook...end up being like a 2.5 hour lunch! :) and really promotes team building!

there is so much that is so right about this post..
ch33se ch33se ch33se

sock designer? fuck ya!
korean hot pot? sounds like love.

all i get is knitting tips, green tea and almond butter.
fuh.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories