• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Does an infinite reality exist?

-Sixcat-

TRIBE Member
Scientific studies tell us that the universe is rapidly expanding away from a single point. In fact a galaxy ten times the distance away, moves ten times more rapidly.
Evidence points to the "big bang" theory where an unimaginable explosion of energy occurred at this central point, bringing about the existence of time and space.
By extrapolating the known laws of physics back towards zero time, we can calculate a time frame all the way up to just before the moment of creation. At this time we hit what is called "Planck's wall", an imaginary wall that science and human knowledge has yet to overcome.

None of these discoveries has yet proven or disproven the existence of a God or intelligent design, yet the question remains;

Could it be that "something" could come from "nothing", that is to say nonexistence to existence? Or has there always been reality, an infinite existence with no beginning and no end.

Of course there are no easy answers, but I find this stuff fascinating. We have come so far in our exploration of our outer reality that I think we are getting very close to a major discovery about the basic nature of reality itself.
Most of what we percieve as "real" isn't real at all, just a concept our minds create to help us understand our surroundings. What appears as a solid table is mostly empty space at the atomic level, yet we see it as a "solid". The things we see around us as permanent are actually in the process of constant change. We as humans attach ourselves to things in our environment and then suffer when those things fall out of existance, or change from what we had originally become attached to.

:0
 

derek

TRIBE Member
our physics do not work beyond the point of singularity, yet. a scientific explanation is possible, we just haven't figured it out yet. what's interesting about the perception of reality is that it is an illusion in it's own right. the hindi term for it i believe is maya (a comsic illusion suggesting our perceived reality is profane).

what is real? are begining and ending the same thing? how many universes, dimensions, realities are there? possibly infinite according to m-theory or bubble theory.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
-Sixcat- said:
We as humans attach ourselves to things in our environment
Well here’s part of the problem... Why do humans have the audacity to see ourselves as a separate entity from “the environment”?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AMc

TRIBE Member
I_bRAD said:
Well here’s part of the problem... Why do humans have the audacity to see ourselves as a separate entity from “the environment”?
The environment might be thinking the same way as humans do. :confused:
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

man_slut

TRIBE Member
I_bRAD said:
Everything is one. “Two” was the first lie.
One is the lonliest number you will ever find... NUMBER ONNNEE ISS THE LOONLIIEST NUMBER, NUMER OOONNNE IS THE LONLIEST NUMBER ...
 

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
I_bRAD said:
Well here’s part of the problem... Why do humans have the audacity to see ourselves as a separate entity from “the environment”?
Audacity is a man-made concept.
 

CO2

TRIBE Member
deevah said:
what the bleep do we know?
I saw this move and it was just plain ridiculousness from end to end...it had some interesting concepts and ideas, but most held no water at all...
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
-Sixcat- said:
Scientific studies tell us that the universe is rapidly expanding away from a single point. In fact a galaxy ten times the distance away, moves ten times more rapidly.
Evidence points to the "big bang" theory where an unimaginable explosion of energy occurred at this central point, bringing about the existence of time and space.
:0
What really bakes my noodle is that the singularity called the "Big Bang" is theorized as not only the start of this this universe but infinite universes with infinite timelines that make up the "superuniverse". It's thought that the superuniverse can be imagined as an expanding sphere with the big bang in the center. Individual timelines can be imagined as lines originating at the center and trending toward spiraling around the sphere until they reach the edge.
The easiest way to imagine the "superuniverse" with infinite possibilites theory is to think of a room with mirrors on the walls. You are aware of your captivty but as you look in the distance, you see an infinite number of "yours" in an infinite number of mirrored rooms. The closer you are to your original room, the closer it looks like yours, the farther away, the stranger it looks.
 

supakeli

TRIBE Member
-Sixcat- said:
Most of what we percieve as "real" isn't real at all, just a concept our minds create to help us understand our surroundings. What appears as a solid table is mostly empty space at the atomic level, yet we see it as a "solid". The things we see around us as permanent are actually in the process of constant change. We as humans attach ourselves to things in our environment and then suffer when those things fall out of existance, or change from what we had originally become attached to.
Thinking about this concept too much has a tendency to make my life more difficult than it should be. Unless I finally decide to run off and live out the rest of my days in a Buddhist temple.

Anything to do with individual perception can trip me out for days on end and can easily become the acid trip I'll never recover from.
 

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
-Sixcat- said:
Of course there are no easy answers,
:0


There is no answer to this question, and I highly dout people will even come close too where and how this universe came about... it's huge, and we only discovered a really small piece of the iceberg. it amazes me when I chill on my balcony and see all the stars out there. You know there has to be so much out there like older planets, older societies, ext.
 

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
-Sixcat- said:
I think we are getting very close to a major discovery about the basic nature of reality itself.
:0
I don't mean to disrespect your view. I think it's fantastic that you're challenging yourself and questioning these things. I think that's essential to human growth. However, I do wonder why you think the larger "we" is about to have a major discovery about reality?

Every religion likes to have something to say on this subject. Maybe it's a cycle of 7 years. Maybe 70. Maybe 1000. Revolutions in the nature of human thought are important. However, the feeling of being on the precipice of one tends to be part and parcel of being on the precipice of one personally.

That's HUGELY important. But don't mistake a personal revelation for revolution in human thought on a more global scale. The fact remains, in my jaded mind, that the majority of humanity just doesn't care.

I like to hope we're inching towards a better human condition. I just don't think there will be any magic bullet.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Top