• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Do you tip for a massage??

kick

TRIBE Member
Almighty Tribe...

Are you supposed to tip the therapist for a massage?? It sort of seems like tipping a dentist.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Why not just ask if there is a gratuity process?
At spas, they have envelopes in little jars that you can write the name on, place some money and forward it to reception.

But if it's a certified therapist for medical reasons, then no.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kick

TRIBE Member
Yeah its a RMT for medical reasons...well...I scammed a perscription from my doctor ;)

I never tipped before so I guess I don't have to feel like a loser, yay!

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
depends, topless is 40 bottomless is 80 full nude 100 nude reverse 120 and the almighty body slide is 140...

or at least so the story goes :p

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I dont tip my RMT.
They are pros. and they charge a pretty penny for their service.

If I had a house call service I might tip though. Assuming the house call wasn't at a premium

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kmac

TRIBE Member
I don't. My company gives me x amount to spend on speech therapy, massage or those homeopath witch doctors, or a combination of all three.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
DEEPHOUSEGRL said:
So you do need a prescription from a doctor in order to get coverage?
Depends on the company providing your coverage. Mine requires a note, but they're totally simple to get. It's not like you need an examination or anything...it's stress relief, even if you don't have back problems.

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
rejenerate said:
Depends on the company providing your coverage. Mine requires a note, but they're totally simple to get. It's not like you need an examination or anything...it's stress relief, even if you don't have back problems.
I just don't want to go to my doctor. It's a pain in the ass to visit her. But at least I can get an afternoon off.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Poot said:
^^ You might be able to get a prescription at a walk-in.
You can, I have. They know it's needed and it's not like they're prescribing you drugs without knowing you or anything.

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
Beer babe said:
while this thread is up can anyone recommend a good RMT in the yonge & eglinton area?
Name: Karen Kvernstad
Type: Massage Therapist (RMT)
Accreditation: RMT
Major Intersection: Yonge & Sheppard
Address: 4841 Yonge St., # 248
North York, ON
M2N 5X2

A bit far north, but hey.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
DeepSix said:
Name: Karen Kvernstad
Type: Massage Therapist (RMT)
Accreditation: RMT
Major Intersection: Yonge & Sheppard
Address: 4841 Yonge St., # 248
North York, ON
M2N 5X2

A bit far north, but hey.
hey thanks...just a question...is she a talker or is she quiet during massage? I really just like to zone out...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories