• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

do you think trance will ever come back?

djsubrock

TRIBE Promoter
like progressive house?
dontcha just love those builds?!
ebbs and flows ebbs and flows ebbs and flows ebbs and flows ebbs and flows

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
psychedelic trance has only been gaining popularity for a few years now. the sound has changed to reach a lot more people - so there's that...

maphi

TRIBE Member
psychedelic trance has only been gaining popularity for a few years now. the sound has changed to reach a lot more people - so there's that...
True. It's been building this kind of thing:

[YOUTUBE]ZTrsenzgJCQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]e_IlHSSIvac[/YOUTUBE]

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
I think trance is still going on strong, not sure what kind of trance you're referring to, Tiesto is still being booked to play.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/virtual-light/fraggles-rock-virtual-light[/soundcloud]

Projekt2501

TRIBE Member
Trance in my pants

I really hope it does make a come back, but not so much so that the idiots follow. You know, the general EDM crowd that currently exists. Remember when party goers had style and wore clothing that covered more than just the special bits?

voytek

TRIBE Member
the psytrance scene all over the world is still like the rave days of old. actually, bigger and better produced, with lots of progressive and rolling tunes with huge breakdowns and proper use of synths and 303. the parties are amazing and so are the people attending them. all else EDM should be well fucking irrelevant to anyone that has pre2000 memories of being a part of something that improved them as human beings. unfortunately, n.america is not the place to be. speaking of which, koh phangan half moon and black moon parties in 4 weeks.