• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Do you speed??????

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
ndrwrld said:
an event ( crash ) begins with an action...this would be speeding.
if you weren't doing 240, and allowed the car's built in restraining devices to do their job, you'd probably walk away from any accident.
Try this again with 130/140 because the 'any speed over posted 100 is stupid' crowed sound just a crazy.

NXUS12

TRIBE Member
"Speed kills" is a stupid saying.
Driving extremely fast and expecting other people on the road to not screw up and kill you or them is just as stupid.
Worrying about all the things that could (meaning there is no reason to believe that it will other than its possible) happen on the open road like oil slicks, animals and blown tires and letting it dictate your enjoyment of said road is stupid. Drive within you and your vehicle's capabilities.
I don't live my life like that in general, worrying about things that are unlikely to happen.

"opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one"

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
I think beating a dead horse kills more.

Everyone is saying the same thing. Drive within limitations. Enjoy the ride but be responsible.

OperatorX

TRIBE Member
Eh...not sure if anyone already mentioned this...

but let's say for example, you're speeding on the highway and the jackass beside you going 100km/h decided to change lane w/o looking. Ignoring road conditions or the physics of the collision, aren't you more likely to die rear-ending him going 220km/h compared to 120km/h?? I mean, we're talking more than just seat-belt burns or whip-lashes.

therefore, we just set all the conditions of the crash to be the same except the speeding factor and it's obvious agreeable that accidents may put you in the risk of getting killed...BUT excessive speeding is the deciding factor of fatality.

hence, SPEEDING WILL HAMMER IN THE NAILS ON YOUR COFFIN.

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
I guess I'm old. I'm more concerned about losing points and paying more in insurance than getting to where I need to be in a hurry. I see no need to go more than 20km over the speed limit.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
been driving since i was 16 ( 36 now ).
never been in an accident.
driven 195km/h in a 66 cuda when i was 18.
now, its barely over the posted limit on the roads, and 15-20 over on the highways.
and again, with the price of gas, you really do want to keep your rpm's down as much as possible.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
people are just missing the point. yeah, you can drive within you and your car's limitations, but it takes no consideration for those around you that you share the road wit. You can also fuck other people up while you drive. You can shoulder check one second, but if someone is coming up behind you at a blinding rate, you won't see him the split second after and can cut him off.

kids running onto streets? random animals running across the road? "don't fuck up" is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard as it only encompasses the individual driver and takes no consideration for anybody else on the road and public safety.

your enjoyment on the road is not a fundamental right, but a privellege. this is coming from someone who drives 260km/h fairly regularly.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
ndrwrld said:
and again, with the price of gas, you really do want to keep your rpm's down as much as possible.
It's more efficient to keep your RPMS at a level where your engine is most efficient, which is not necessarily the lowest it will run at.

Also re the 240 thing: Perhaps I didn't express myself well enough- I was being sarcastic. 240 doesn't give you or others time to react if the situation arises.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
I was doing 260K + on the autobahn. But I don't speed in the city and actually really respect speed limits especially where complete morons walk in front of cars or don't know how to drive are. Never mind watching out for little kids and stuff.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
the_fornicator said:
your enjoyment on the road is not a fundamental right, but a privellege. this is coming from someone who drives 260km/h fairly regularly.

I guess you're thoroughly enjoying the privilege then. :p