• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

do you own Blue Monday - New Order on vinyl ?

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
I was speaking to someone once who told me that this is (was?) the greatest selling 12-inch of all time. Like, more than Elvis or the Beatles. Can anyone confirm or deny? Sounds a little out there...

lockedgruv

TRIBE Member
mitsuko souma said:
I was speaking to someone once who told me that this is (was?) the greatest selling 12-inch of all time. Like, more than Elvis or the Beatles. Can anyone confirm or deny? Sounds a little out there...

heard the same...timeless track

i have the '95 mixes with original

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SJN

TRIBE Member
It is the best-selling 12" single ever, though partly because it wasn't ever released as a 7".

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Shug

TRIBE Member
I have the mashup with the 'We Want Your Soul' accapella over it. =\

...but I have Bizarre Love Triangle on 12", does that save me any face?

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
ha! me too! bought it in a used record store in great condition.

a good ten dollar purchase, I think.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
I'm not cool I've never owned it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Monday_(New_Order_song)
But there is the wiki on it..

At nearly 7 and a half minutes in length, "Blue Monday" is one of the longest tracks to ever chart in the UK. It is recognised as the biggest selling 12-inch single of all time, but as Factory Records were not members of the British Phonographic Industry association, it was not eligible for an official gold disc. However, the Official UK Chart Company have estimated its total UK sales at over one million. In the all-time UK best-selling singles chart they published in 2002, "Blue Monday" came 76th.

gollum

TRIBE Member
mitsuko souma said:
Are they ever gonna tour again or are they like totally, completely done?
Peter Hook is playing here in Vancouver this month.

I believe its a dj gig 24 hour party people tour.

Dr Trance

TRIBE Member
mitsuko souma said:
Are they ever gonna tour again or are they like totally, completely done?

Didn't they tour last year (?) in support of their last album? Or am I just having a fantasy?
I still remember their last T.O. appearance at Kingswood, when Barney tried to chedw his face off (and Sunscreem opened and "stole" the show)...

The Truth

TRIBE Member
They were inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame and played some gigs last fall in the UK..doing a few Euro shows this summer plus a possible new album/tour in the fall

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
gollum said:
Peter Hook is playing here in Vancouver this month.

I believe its a dj gig 24 hour party people tour.
He's actually touring around DJing all sorts of venues and did the same a few months back in Toronto.

He'll be in Miami. I know the guy from the booking agency who takes care of him. :)

Cheers,
J<

Brandon

TRIBE Member
I've got the 83 version and an 88 remix version.

I found the 83 version in a huge pile of records that the student-run nightclub at the university where I work was getting rid of. I was a kid in a candy store that day.