• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Do You Like Octave One???

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
Octave One.

Lawrence Burden (or is it Lenny?, no, I think its Lawrence)

RETURNS

to

TORONTO!

I couldn't keep the secret any longer, and we will all hear about it shortly, so I thought I would be the bearer of good news to the Techno Forum.

:D

If anyone remembers the (detroit) classics he laid down at the basement of Stardust a few years back, then you will be here, even IF IT IS NEW YEARS EVE and you already have plans!!!!

And from what I hear, this 'never used before' warehouse space downtown overlooking the core and lakeshore will suit this jam just perfectly.

Enjoy

Destro

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Octave One consists of three guys... all brothers as far as I was known...

Lenny, Lawrence and Lynell Burden

and they all play records - is it all or one? pardon the PUN whon ;)

just curious, and yeah that sounds diggity dope - nice to see the 313 and some soul soundin techno instead of the run of the mill ...

easy,

s
d

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
just read the email this morning, and i think i may now have something to do for new years to!!

sounds like it could be fun, like a nice old skool vibe that could go on.

i have not herrd any thing recent from octive one, has any one?

$80 Undershirt

TRIBE Member
Thank God.....no wait, thank Promise.......finally something to do for NYE. This sounds perfect to me. Only $30 too, can't go wrong.

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by mrs peacock

sounds like it could be fun, like a nice old skool vibe that could go on.

i have not herrd any thing recent from octive one, has any one?

blackwater is their latest bomb, and another lp that i cant seem to come up with right at this moment, perhaps www.submerge.com would be a better resourse.

anyhow, your all techno'ed' out go hit the house room for some laddy dawwwwww vocal saxophone playin muzak. You know where the real dj shows da skillz yo!

p.s : you actually know Octave One ? :confused: :D

mock.

Tech_Head_Rob

TRIBE Member
damn.... nice one Toronto!
430 West is a consistently dope record label... the Burden brothers have quietly been doin' there 'ting for years. have a good one y'all.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
of course i like octive one... my roots of record collecting started when i lived out in windsor.

i really like the speacial edition double ep "Octave One the collective" Merdain ,terraforming & Eniac all sweet tracks.

i have never seen them perform, any one any one?

musork

TRIBE Member
Ive seen them play a while ago now at some party in detroit many years ago, it was them and model 500 live I belive at the same gig in fact I belive it was at the first year memf happened...
but I cant remember...

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
"i have never seen them perform, any one any one?"

yup. he played an alieninflux party a couple years ago in the basement of stardust.

really good programming and track selection. don't remember his skills technically, but frankly, I don't care, because a good song is a good song, no matter how it's mixed.

destro

derek

TRIBE Member
^^^^

skills were tight. that was one of the best parties i have ever been too. i liked the dub stuff going on upstairs also.

still not sure if i can make it this nye, though. have to see if i can make it back in town by then.

peace,

derek

poker face

TRIBE Member
I am looking forward to playing at another Promise and Company New Years party again this year. This year will be an exception because of the headlining talent I get to play after.

Looking forward to bringing in the New Year!!!

Nub!

TRIBE Member
Anyone have any contact information?

just activated a new email account and I am not on the mailing list anymore (I don't even know how I was on it in the first place)

If someone could help me out that'd be much appreciated. This one handed injin would sell his left hand to be used as an ashtray.

If someone could email me ticket info or ad this to the list?
ScienceNub@hotmail.com

Thanks for any help, and if I'm too late for anything... shucks!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
Speaking of pre-2002 Techno, can someone tell me which version of 'Blackwater' this is? There are so many releases and remixes of this track, of which I've only heard a couple. I know a lot of people lean toward the deeper mixes, but I loooove this version - it just moves me in all the right places.

casual

TRIBE Promoter
ha.

I thought this was a new thread, funny that you pulled this from the 2003 archives...

Last edited: