• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Do ya ever think the world has it out for you?

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Plato
yeah we figured it would be best to do a hub on dc + +

but would we be able to monitor whether the person who connects is a tribe member or not?

passwords? is that what you said? would that work??

hmm...

why havent we done this then if it is possible!?

btw, im running v.0.154
what version are you running? how do i search? and will it search every user on every hub??

p[l]a+0

you'd only be able to monitor them by if they use their tribe name as their screen name

the way other boards do it is that they password protect the thread with the details of the hub IP and set up bots to kick out people who aren't sharing a lot and just leeching, etc.

dc + + supports password protected hubs, I'm on several

0.16 of dc ++ has been released in the link I posted

it searches every user on the hubs you are connected to

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Plato

TRIBE Member
oh so i have to be connected to a hub before a searc will give results..
i seees

my teeth hurt :(

p[l]a+0

deep

TRIBE Member
oh so i have to be connected to a hub before a searc will give results..
i seees

and you can connect to multiple hubs

I connect to 20 at a time

Plato

TRIBE Member
i know
its jus crappy that it wont search them all so you dont have to have soo many connections open at once

and i tend to get booted from the cool ones :(

i only have 15 gigs on my computer, and im not sharing that all cause i dont feel like sharing my personal files or already installed programs.
so i only end up sharing around 8 gigs, and as you know, some places require 30 or 40 or more gigs to stay in the hub.

poopy.

p[l]a+0

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

deep

TRIBE Member
i know
its jus crappy that it wont search them all so you dont have to have soo many connections open at once

It's not crappy, that's the way it's done with any other p2p program. it's just with direct connect they don't hide that fact from you, that you're only connected to a particular hub with particular users on it

i only have 15 gigs on my computer, and im not sharing that all cause i dont feel like sharing my personal files or already installed programs.
so i only end up sharing around 8 gigs, and as you know, some places require 30 or 40 or more gigs to stay in the hub.

*shrugs*

that's the way it goes

it's pretty good that way as it tends to prevent people from camping out on hubs sharing next to nothing compared to everyone else

quality assurance that way...morpheus could have all outgoing transfers blocked, napster and audiogalaxy users can disconnect while you're transferring...atleast this way people who are there share useful shit, and since there are admins for each hub they kick people who fuck around

Plato

TRIBE Member
very true

i have also noticed this on soulseek
on the chat list it says people are sharing over a thousand files but when you browse their files they have no files to share

also, some people have no shares put on

i hope they get napster karma

p[l]a+0