• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Do ravers use the Swiffer?

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
I just caught a commercial for that Swiffer mop thing (I assume it's a new ad) and it's got a song that I thought was really cool! Some kinda techno/electronic thing. Very weird, it doesn't suit the commercial but it got my attention!

~jen
 

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Ali G says:

Dusta iz ole school.

Swif iz de speed garage of cleen.

But in no case iz de man ta be swiffin, dat iz fer me Julie.

She cleen da floors an I beat da rug.

Chekkit!

:D
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

xtollo

TRIBE Member
Actually I use Swiffer Dry to clean my vinyl. Strange how I never thought of the marketing connection before. lol
 

depraved

TRIBE Member
Chunky!

Getting down on all fours with a straw to hoover up all those little bits of k or whatever that fall to the floor when your processing it in the kitchen works better than Swiffer sweeping -- fewer crumbs per bump.:D
 

bitchass

TRIBE Member
if there was some possible way of taking the swiffer wet solution, baking it into powder then getting some sort of hallucinatory effects by cramming mass quantities of it into your rectum.... i'm sure it would have been found out by now
 

quantumdj

TRIBE Member
I cast shame on anyone who dares to support these atrocities.

Watch the ads, see how they say "disposal glory" where do you think all of this waste goes? I destroys many of our precious ecosystems by exponentially increasing the size of our landfills.

Also, it is a waste of natural resources to produce these cloths for one use. It is even more stupid than the wrapping of a hamburger in paper at a fast-food place only to be disposed of 45 seconds later when it is eaten. What a waste! All the material used in the production of swiffer is better put to use in more essential products. Like, how hard is it to go and rinse out a cloth after you use it. Are you really lazy enough to have to throw it out every time you use one? If you are, you should re-think your lifestyle.

Fuck swiffer.

Dave
alphastate~
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

bitchass

TRIBE Member
i bought one of those super-absorbant squeegee mops that sweeps *and* mops at the same time. it works very well but i haven't figured out a way to get high from it yet
 

labRat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by bitchass
it works very well but i haven't figured out a way to get high from it yet
i'm sure if you set fire to it and/or shove it up your butt you'll feel some sort of tingly sensation

those one time disposable wipes/moppy things are retarded, considering most companies have a 'green' product line and then they put out this crap.

--craig
 

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by xtollo
Actually I use Swiffer Dry to clean my vinyl. Strange how I never thought of the marketing connection before. lol

Doesn't it leave a residue on your records? If not, this might be a major discovery!
 

swenard

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by quantumdj
I cast shame on anyone who dares to support these atrocities.

Watch the ads, see how they say "disposal glory" where do you think all of this waste goes? I destroys many of our precious ecosystems by exponentially increasing the size of our landfills.

Also, it is a waste of natural resources to produce these cloths for one use. It is even more stupid than the wrapping of a hamburger in paper at a fast-food place only to be disposed of 45 seconds later when it is eaten. What a waste! All the material used in the production of swiffer is better put to use in more essential products. Like, how hard is it to go and rinse out a cloth after you use it. Are you really lazy enough to have to throw it out every time you use one? If you are, you should re-think your lifestyle.

Fuck swiffer.

Dave
alphastate~


Do you use toilet paper??????

Because every time you wipe your ass you are destroying the entire world.Yes, you.;) So, if you really care about the world you will stop wiping your ass!


shawn<---doesn't know or care what is used on the floor in his house.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Plato

TRIBE Member
i too use swiffer for cleaning vinyl

it leaves no residue, why would it!? its not applying a wax or something...

what i always worry about though is that the small woven fabrics in the cloth that look like plastic will add scratches to my records.

should i worry?? :confused:
or am i being paranoid?

p[l]a+0
 

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
tack cloths pick up stuff but many leave a residue, that is why I was wondering..
 

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Swiffer pads are not just one use disposables. They last a good amount of time. And the long handle is as re-usable as any mop handle. I love them!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

xtollo

TRIBE Member
I really doubt the swiffer is leaving lil tiny scratches, the vinyl always looks solid after a nice swiff or two. lol

No residue either. And...they last forever. My mom gave me some for the apartment, and they haven't left my record crate since. ;)
 

nusty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by LeoGirl
I *heart* my swiffer :D

Picks up cats hair so well.......no all I need is a good de-linter for my clothes :mad:

Try dragging swiffer cloths on your cat.:D stop the hair problem at the source! just pet the cat with a swiffer in your hand.;)
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top