• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Do most guys cheat?

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
I know i am the single, jaded, bitter lady on this board, but i'm actually genuinely curious if most guys are cheaters.

I've been seeing a LOT of cheating going on around me (and talk about the desire to cheat). Not all of it is male instigated, but most of it is.

I guess this is some selfish desire to understand it so i know to watch for it, but i'm also very curious if this is as rampant as i'm feeling it is in my head (excuse the pun).

Gentlemen? :)

Liability

TRIBE Member
I know i am the single, jaded, bitter lady on this board, but i'm actually genuinely curious if most guys are cheaters.

I've been seeing a LOT of cheating going on around me (and talk about the desire to cheat). Not all of it is male instigated, but most of it is.

I guess this is some selfish desire to understand it so i know to watch for it, but i'm also very curious if this is as rampant as i'm feeling it is in my head (excuse the pun).

Gentlemen? :)
Wow, this is quite a loaded question but I will take a shot.

I have cheated in past and it is not a thing I am very proud of. Within my current relationship (10+) years I have not cheated.

However, when you start going into the realm of 'talk about the desire to cheat' or mental/emotional fantasies/yearnings there is a really large grey area.

I think that men and women encounter many different people over the course of a relationship that they find attractive in some way. The definitions and rules that you and your partner put in place are what defines cheating to me.

Liability

TRIBE Member
Wow, this is quite a loaded question but I will take a shot.

I have cheated in past and it is not a thing I am very proud of. Within my current relationship (10+) years I have not cheated.

However, when you start going into the realm of 'talk about the desire to cheat' or mental/emotional fantasies/yearnings there is a really large grey area.

I think that men and women encounter many different people over the course of a relationship that they find attractive in some way. The definitions and rules that you and your partner put in place are what defines cheating to me.
Missed the edit window, so furthermore to my 'rules' discussion:

I don't necessarily hold that monogamous relationships are the best way to have a relationship. However, my partner only wants our relationship to exist if we are both monogamous. I respect my partner's wishes and at the end of the day I decided that my partner is more important than other relationships that I could be engaging in.

For instance: I know married couples who dally outside of their relationship with the blessings of their partners. This is not cheating wihtin their relationship, but even these types of 'arrangements' have rules.

From my anecdotal experience, I don't think men have any more of a yearning/in-bread desire to cheat than woman. I have known cheaters on both sides of the fence.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
I dont guys are more likely to cheat than chicks. its a personal thing not a gender thing. I think girls probably feel more guilty about than guys tho

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
in my experience women actually cheat more, it's just us men are stupid and get caught and the women are smart about it and don't.

I know more women who have cheated then men.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

skin deep

TRIBE Member
I think most everybody cheats, not just men. In my experience, the more it's worried about, the greater chance of cheating for some reason...

lobo

TRIBE Member
I would say that yeah people cheat but it's not just limited to guys doing it as others have said. I know plenty of females that have either screwed around one night at a club or have actively looked for a partner to cheat with on sites like Ashley Madison.

I would say that it's not so black & white in terms of why people cheat. A guy/girl may love their family and have no desire to break that up or leave but sex may be lacking in their relationship. And regardless of how much advice people can give about talking it over and blah blah blah it doesn't always work out. So, those kind of people go out looking for either the sexual satisfaction or emotional satisfaction that's missing from their relationship. That being said, I *can* guarantee you that most men or women will cheat if there's no sex at home and their partner is a pain.

Lobo

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
What kind of guys do you date BB? Date an IT guy; faithful and easy to manipulate.

If he drives a low hatchback honda civic - definitely run.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
ya true, it's not cheating if she sucks your cock, but it is if you're eating her out. I DON'T MAKE THE RULES.

Beer babe, why don't you post a pic of yourself? We can collectively observe what is truly wrong.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
I think girls probably feel more guilty about than guys tho
I don't that is true either. I think that is all personal... guys care too! But I would have to say guys cheat a bit more for sure. it is not as *emotional* for whatever reason to men as it is to women.

So a man will cheat as soon as he gets a stiffy and has the chance (if he doesn't care and such) where as a girl might do the same, but most of the time it will happen when they are not emotionally attached anymore. A guy - not so much so!

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
I would say girls cheat more, just cause in general its easier to get laid if youre a girl than if youre a guy. but I think there are more serial cheater guys than girls, and by that I mean guys that cheat like 8 million times with 8 million different chicks on one girl.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
Yeah, I think it has more to do with your personality than your gender.

I know a guy who cheats constantly, but his girl knows and doesn't dump him or get crazy upset with him. Honestly he is never going to change no matter who he is with. I blame him more for not finding someone to have an open relationship with than for cheating.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
meh i think it goes both ways.. I know girls who have cheated and i know guys who have cheated.. I just think people get unhappy and their eyes start wondering.

Tahoe

TRIBE Member
I'm a cheater :/ Lately it only seems to happen once at the beginning of the relationship before I realize how committed I am, and then I regret it seconds later, but it keeps happening.

lobo

TRIBE Member
I would only cheat if I had the time to do it. Heck, with busy work schedules, family duties and taking kids from one activity to another who's got time to cheat? lol When the whole Tiger Woods thing broke out a couple of years ago, the wife asked me if I would ever do that. I said, PUHLEEZE. You think I've got the time or energy to a) screw around behind your back and b) pretend that I'm single with some chick and keep that pretence up? Unless that chick doesn't care about rarely seeing me and the fact that I'm married then you can rest assured that I'm not going to be cheating. :)

Lobo

P.S. Unless said chick doesn't care about the above and only wants a booty call every now and then.

octo

TRIBE Member
most guys i know don't cheat.

that being said i have 3 friends who have cheated a lot

generally the girls that they cheat on have low self esteem and are insecure. they put up with their bullshit. they are either willfully blind or completely stupid. i don't care how hot some of those girls are, i could never be attracted to such dumbass girls.

that's not to say a seemingly nice guy wouldn't cheat. moments of indiscretion are bound to happen, but those circumstances are different than serial cheaters.

i also think girls are more likely to cross the line on girls night out at the club. they get a little drunk, start grinding up on some guy. maybe make out. personally i wouldn't do anything that i wouldn't be comfortable doing in front of my gf, or something that would upset me if she did.

guys night out is more likely to involve getting shit faced to the point where no girl wants anything to do with you.

i have encouraged one of my friends to cheat. she doesn't put out. he complains. i've told him that he should definitely get a piece on the side. it's not fair to him. i don't care that you're married and have 2 kids. he needs to get laid at least once/month. right? AT LEAST. otherwise, she should be ok with him having a sex buddy.

derek

TRIBE Member
^^^

the only other advice you should give him, is he should tell his wife first. it's called communication. if he's not happy with the sex in their relationship, he should be upfront and be clear about his intentions first. shitty conversation, but way better than, 'oh, hey, i cheated on you because we didn't have sex for three months'

stryker

TRIBE Member
It's been my experience that cheating happens on both sides. It was something that depressed the shit out me during my twenties and during the early years of working in advertising, because I was single or casually dating for most of them and it puts me in the position of going out more than my "committed" friends. I found that everyone was cheating.

Girls, guys, didn't matter. Guys banged 3-legged gazelles, girls had got too drunk and made out with random guys.

The odd thing, was that those who had affairs, usually ended up staying with the "other man/woman" for longer than their original partner.

I've also noticed that this behavior drops off once people got in their 30s. Now the men ogle the 20 year old girls, go to the rippers, and go home to their wives. The woman flirt at the work place to feel attractive. And those that are cheating are just the types that had no business getting into a monogamous relationship in the first place.

stew