1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

DJ's wanted : New night in Toronto @ BASSLINE

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Aaron Bradley, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Aaron Bradley

Aaron Bradley TRIBE Promoter

okay... next one is an "All Vinyl" party. Looking for some guys who can really keep it rolling... tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight mixes! ;-)

2. Aaron Bradley

This is still going on, so message me still. Looking for DJ's who play digital for these ngihts @ BASSLINE.

Also, looking for guys to open up at Andy Poolhall on the Vinly nights. We have a couple more happening this year so let know ASAP.

Aaron

3. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

PM sent!

4. Aaron Bradley

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

5. cosmosuave

cosmosuave TRIBE Member

You interested in Live PA techno stylz?

[​IMG]

6. Aaron Bradley

We need vinyl DJ's ;-)

7. cosmosuave

cosmosuave TRIBE Member

Cant help you there...

8. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Have you talked with Alister (Dj Catalist), Andrew Allsgood, or Pooyan?

9. JoshuaReid

JoshuaReid TRIBE Member

I'd still love to play if you have any availability. Mainly digital though :(

10. tekneeq

tekneeq New Member

I'd like to contribute to the vinyl party. How can I get involved?

11. Aaron Bradley

@Tekneeq

Well definitely come out this Saturday. We have John E and D-Monic. If you're close and doing nothing come by and we can talk about it. I like to meet the guys first too just to make things that much better.

If you can't, just shoot me a message here or on Facebook. Same user name with the " F" logo (FunkyHouseBeats.com)

AB

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  12. Aaron Bradley

No :O

Tell them to write me here or on facebook. That would be cool. I really hope instead of always just talking about the old good times/nights/parties... that we can still have some fun safe times!

Thanks erika!

AB

13. Aaron Bradley

I wish you played vinyl! Cuz that would just be very nice... I do know that!

technics1200 :eek: technics1200

Aaron

14. DjayC4

DjayC4 New Member

DJ Opportunity

Hi,

was wondering if there was any chance that i could be a part of one of your events. sorry i cant PM or do anything since i am new to Tribe.

i am a digital DJ, i can manage vinyl to put two tracks together but that's about it. was not privileged enough to learn the art.

i was a 90's DJ as i started of in the 90's with those old denons that didn't even have jog wheels. ha h haha...

thanks,

Chad

15. johnny B rad

johnny B rad TRIBE Member

I am a vinyl dj. Started spinning in '98. I play house, techno, tech-house, a little breaks and old school jungle. Started with vinyl, stayed with vinyl. I don't even know how to use a cdj!

Haven't played out since 2009 but i still know what I'm doing. Always went for the long, silky smooth mixes.

I only pick up the odd used record these days but the decks still get a pretty good workout.

16. johnny B rad

johnny B rad TRIBE Member

17. Aaron Bradley

:)

That's all I needed to hear!

18. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

I went through the exact same thing when I spun at Aaron's night. No clue how to use a CDJ. it worked out good actually. It's not a big deal in the end.

as long as you have your 1200 skills it's a breeze.

19. Aaron Bradley

You were awesome and I totally agree with you! If you have 12 skills, you can mix on CDJs

Cueing might be a bit awkward, but the pitch and platters are very close.

Just ride it out... just ride it out...

technics1200

20. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Thanks Aaron you were a great host. Me and the lady have fond memories of those nights.

21. Aaron Bradley

Absolutely! Get your Vinyl ready James! ;-)

22. Aaron Bradley

Jeremy + Alfie = check for my messages.

23. Aaron Bradley

k, got lucky and was given a night on Saturday at the bar which accommodates my school this semester. So I have a Saturday in November that is almost full and probably a Saturday in December. Hit me up!

24. Aaron Bradley

Okay, school is almost over and the "House of Wax" nights have begun again @ Andy Poolhall.

I'm looking for DJ's to open the night. You must be able to play VINYL :)

- opening time slot from 9 to 10 or 10:30
    - drink tickets
    - a bit of $$
    - chance to play with some Toronto Legends (et c'est Moi)

-PM me if you're interested or reply to the thread here.

* Next date is in January *

AB

25. litespeed

litespeed Well-Known TRIBEr

I would consider it. I have loads of old vinyl too. House, tech, breaks, proper electro. In terms of more current music, I play house and tech-house, though on CD.

Money is not the be all end all for me. But truth be told, I'm not too interested in getting stuck with an opening slot. I've done more than my fair share of those over the years and still do enough of them.

You can peep some of my mixes, both recent and current here: www.soundcloud.com/evan-g