• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

DJ's wanted : New night in Toronto @ BASSLINE

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
PM me here or e-mail me at my FHB domain (aaron@). Details I can provide right now.

-Opening and closing slots available
-DJ bar tab
-Play alongside old/new bigger DJ names (i.e. Carlos Fuerte, John E, Jason Hodges, Melting...) More in 2013 that can't be disclosed yet.
-$pay - (minimal)

:D

Aaron

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

erika

TRIBE Member
Hey this is 3 blocks from my house! Haven't been there yet, but intend to drop by soon. Keep me posted on who's playing!

And paging mr tunes: he lives even closer than I do (and can play).

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Hey this is 3 blocks from my house! Haven't been there yet, but intend to drop by soon. Keep me posted on who's playing!

And paging mr tunes: he lives even closer than I do (and can play).
Hey Erika!

It's so nice now. The new owner (Craig) has done a lot of great work and he is probably one of the nicest guys I know. The sound in there is unbelievable for what you would expect.

I just realized I am doing an *event review* - arrrrr! I wish someone would start a thread so I can share more! Anyway, come out!!!

AB

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Hey guys! I got a lot of responses, but I think the serious guys are the you guys below...

I put the dates I believe you can make. The dates and themes we have in the new year are:

Jan 26th - Stacks of Wax (John E and Me) - all vinyl night
-need 2 guys (to open and close the night)

Feb 23rd - Stacks of Wax Potluck (Carlos Fuerte + me) - all vinyl night
-need 2-3 guys and and the 5 of us will just jump in on 30 minute intervals. trying to get everyone to be there for most of the night to play 2 times.

March - not sure yet of the date, but it won't be an all vinyl night.

Would this list be right for dates of availability? Let me know and respond to the thread.

wiseman - (Jan or Feb)
cosmosauve - (Feb)
JamesM - (Jan or Feb)
-Funktion- - (Jan or Feb)
Westsidewax - (Jan or Feb)
Jocelyn dee - (Jan or Feb)
Mrs Pink - (Jan or Feb)

AB

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
I'm fine for either Jan/Feb and open for whatever slots; Saturdays are generally the only night I have time for some fun... ;)

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
okay great you two! Also, the Carlos night is not a vinyl night. I hope that helps it bit more and sorry about the confusion. ;-)

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Can a play a set of blog house using the latest version of iTunes? Autocross fade on, of course, I'm not a hack.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
No NSYNC? Bullshit!

And only total sucka DJs use the SYNC button. I even cover up the BPM read outs, because I think that's cheating too. Truth be told, when I play vinyl, I don't even use turn the power on the decks, because real DJs should be able to spin by hand at 33 1/3 RPM and 45 RPM.