• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Djs i would like to see

Yogi

TRIBE Member
Baby Anne-for sure
Simply Jeff
Jon E
Aquasky
Omar Santana-breaks set

anybody got any more ideas, gotta love the hard breaks, hard basslines are a must

can anybody recommend any other breaks djs that are hard? it would be much appreciated

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
Nubreaks.com has a lot of harder DJs on it. DJs Quest and Mutiny will probably appeal to you if you like Omar Santana, but look for DJ sets instead of productions. Go download #43 with Steamed Rice Please by Tsunami One too, that's one of the best super hard breaks tunes...

Dan D-Monic plays some hard-ass breaks when the time calls for it, so do Angus Robinson and Wes the Electrician. I also play hardr stuff, but don't have any sets of that style on my site right now because I'm clearly a total assmunch.

EZ

D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DSV

TRIBE Promoter
My latest mix CD (Dave Dub::Break On Thru) is a bit harder than my usual fare. You may like it. PM me and we can figure out how to get it to you.

IN fact, I'll upload a RealPlayer and MP3 version to my website (www.davedub.com) tonight, and I'll post the link here tomorrow.

Peace
Dave

DSV

TRIBE Promoter
I've uploaded my latest mix cd onto my web-site, but not as streaming audio, so if you have the time, you can download one of these files and listen at your leisure. The mixes start off on a kind of funky organic tip, but about 20minutes in, the tunes start getting alot harder and nu-skool-ish...

MP3--> http://www.dubblesided.com/davedub/audio/breakonthru.mp3

Real(40kbps)-->http://www.dubblesided.com/davedub/audio/breakonthrulo.rm

Real(80kbps)-->http://www.dubblesided.com/davedub/audio/breakonthruhi.rm

poker face

TRIBE Member
Meat Katie
Hybrid
Rennie Pilgrim
infusion

I know some of them are around here and there but I always like hearing them.

D-Monic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hipsterave
ya his beat matching was terrible. Amazing producer but not all that in his live show
In his defence, Meat Katie has always said that he is a producer first and not really a DJ.

When he played here last time at System, he had only been 'DJ-ing' for a year at the most.

Since that time he's played all over the world and has been playing quite often. He's gotten a lot better as a result of all the practice.

When I was in London I saw him and Lee Coombs go back 2 back and it was a great set. He has improved a lot.

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by D-Monic
In his defence, Meat Katie has always said that he is a producer first and not really a DJ.

theres a lot of pressure on producers to get into spinning; its hard to claim any noterity without doing so. obviously im not on the same level as meat katie, but i would never have decided to dj had i not had a record released. ive heard some god awful sets from great producers.....freq nasty comes to mind as well.