• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dj Vibe

s1k

TRIBE Member
@sonic.

last time vibe was at boa, it was one of the best parties they had.
i expect nothing less, and much much more!! w0000t sonic.

(and it's on a friday, so lots of time to recover)

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
Aphrodite said:
what type of tunes?

I've heard from people that his beats are the closest thing to the sick beats you get from the Comfort Zone!!!;)

2006.06.09. SONIC SPECIAL EVENT - DJ VIBE
Friday June 9th, 2006

SONIC SPECIAL EVENT
Portugal Day Weekend

DJ VIBE
www.djvibe.pt, PORTUGAL
Nevio
www.djnevio.com

$20 Advance Tickets available at www.sonicnightclub.com
$30 Tickets available at the door
Doors Open 11 PM

Sonic Nightclub
270 Spadina Avenue
(Entrance one block south of Dundas)
Toronto - Canada
ph: 416.599.5550
www.sonicnightclub.com - coming soon

s1k

TRIBE Member
rave jedi said:
I've heard from people that his beats are the closest thing to the sick beats you get from the Comfort Zone!!!;)

i hope ur kidding? it's nothing like that.

his beats are very much like tenaglia but less dark and less soul but more techno. a lot of tribal, but never dark tribal...the shit just keeps going, hard. a lot of his sets are availble from various sites...a bunch from stereo. but i think he's one of those dj's you don't enjoy him unless ur at the party, personally i can't listen to his sets at home...but the the parties are slamming.

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
I've downloaded a few of DJ Vibe's sets a few weeks ago and just never got a chance to listen to them. I'm guessing they are somewhat similiar to the sounds of Chus and Ceballos.

Anyway, i guess that I came to ^^^ conclusion because of something I read from a post on Tranceaddict that was similiar to the opinion mentioned by a friend.

quote:
Originally posted by Abood
DJ vibe is a must see IMO i saw him last year @ stereo it was a dark night i was in the middle of the dance floor just shocked of what he was playing. i would love a night of VC, C&c and vibe all in one night.

I think I would have a heart attack upon reading an announcement of a party like that.

quote:
Originally posted by BUSTA1080STEEZ
hey, i love all this stuff.. but im lookin for some sets that are as deep dark an dirty as they come. think... Comfort Zone the stuff dj Addy, Burratto, Deko-ze or J Force play. can any one help me out? im sorta new to it, an i juss wanna be able to ID the common tracks.

thanks guys

Check out all the DJ Vibe sets posted. I think they'll suit your needs perfectly.

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=327700&perpage=12&highlight=DJ%20Vibe&pagenumber=24

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
i could see them comparing it to what Addy & Deko-ze play at CZ. there's nothing wrong with that -
hard, tribalish (the word Tribal kinda makes vomit come into my mouth, but if it's a mix of tribal and techno, that's better than homo tribal bull shit) ... i'd hit that shit up, especially at SONIC.

we'll see. (royal we.)
hehe - i said WEEEEE!

deevah

TRIBE Member
please do not compare addy and dekoze to vibe - not even the same dimension :p mebbe in sound, but definitely not in skill.....on second thought...no...NO they're nothing alike

it's dark, deep iberican (u like that word better maria?) and progressive

not as much depth (or as long) as tenaglia and not as circuit tribal as the early half set of C&C

like someone said, there's loads of vibe sets floating around, he's got one out almost every wk. Nab one and form your own opinion.

he should rip me a new one on that sound system

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
deevah said:
it's dark, deep iberican (u like that word better maria?) and progressive...
he should rip me a new one on that sound system
yes, i like iberican better but only because i've never heard that word before. look ma! no vomit!

;)
I'll DL a set when i get home tonight... although my computer's getting full again... TOO MUCH MUSIC! (never too much...)

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
fuckin' sweet.......... thats the weekend of my birthday!
I was already thinking of heading in to TO to visit a buddy and catch a world cup game down in lil' portugal. now this will be the most perfect way to kick off that weekend!!!

:D

s1k

TRIBE Member
-Mercury- said:
fuckin' sweet.......... thats the weekend of my birthday!
I was already thinking of heading in to TO to visit a buddy and catch a world cup game down in lil' portugal. now this will be the most perfect way to kick off that weekend!!!

:D

holy crap it's the same day as world cup kick off!! crazy fukin weekend!

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I read a comment on another board about the way Vibe plays that I agree with whole heartedly. The post had stated that when most dj's play its as though they're speaking to the floor in loosely connected sentences, while the really good ones are able to speak in well constructed paragraphs. To that end, were referring to Vibe in the latter.

:)

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
Bernnie Federko said:
when most dj's play its as though they're speaking to the floor in loosely connected sentences, while the really good ones are able to speak in well constructed paragraphs. To that end, were referring to Vibe in the latter.

:)

what a great way to put it........

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
9 more fucken days and I can't wait...especially after reading a comment from the TA message board about Portugal's finest "magician".:cool:

quote:
Originally posted by all-nite-freak

As far as Dj Vibe goes, i have to drag most of you TA's who havent experienced this man.Its more than just tribal, its music from outer space that just grabs a hold of you and turns you into a useless paraplegic for a week.You guys have to experience it, hes probably one of the most unique dj's out there.

s1k

TRIBE Member
mariazmess said:
i'm assuming there's more than enough time for Ferrer first?

i woudlnt' say yes to that entirely. because doors open at 11 for vibe and he goes at 2ish? till 6-7? and he's one of those-as cheesy as this sounds-journey dj's like tenaglia and such. tells a story, a dark and twisted one but a story nevertheless. it's a tough decision but i go where the booze goes...then i make my decision from there on.