• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

DJ Three

rentboy

TRIBE Member
i was wondering what this guy sounds like?

I've heard alot of talk in the past about him and was curious as to why he is revered.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Nesta?

Me:
I like him 'cause he is got a tripped out...dark.. sound.
Or at least the stuff I heard of him.

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
Apparently he has the ability to transform any small venue into something that will leave your jaw permanently on the floor. He's into the music, doesn't care where he plays - bars, truck stops, people's garages etc. Friends in Florida swear by him.

I didn't think all that much of him when he was at KH but I'm told he doesn't do well in huge environments.

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
I've heard him once or twice and thought he was okay. I think his production is quite interesting and like the stuff he does with Sean Cusick.

The remix he did of Rabbit In The Moon's 'Floor-i-da' is pretty kick ass and a hard-to-find and heavily desired slab of vinyl that I'm happy to own.

Cheers,
JK

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by loopdokter
The remix he did of Rabbit In The Moon's 'Floor-i-da' is pretty kick ass and a hard-to-find and heavily desired slab of vinyl that I'm happy to own.

Cheers,
JK
that's my fave of all the Floor-i-da remixes

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Yogi

TRIBE Member
DJ Three was fucking ridiculous when i saw him at the Kool Haus, anybody know where i can find a live set?

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chipotle
he is part of broken down satellites right...?

'cause I like some of their stuff.
i'm almost positive that him and sean cusick form 'second hand satellites'. his sound is more suitable for a small room imho. he plays proper headfuck beats... very versatile and eclectic. he can go from minimal techno to epic breaks without missing a step.

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by chipotle
he is part of broken down satellites right...?

'cause I like some of their stuff.
Haha. No. He's part of Second Hand Satellites though. ;)

He's also pretty heavily associated with Rabbit In The Moon. I saw him at WMC a few years back and he was hanging around DJ Monk and the like...

Cheers,
JK

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
second hand... broken down... satellites.. either name looks interesting and cool.

I have a mix of his from nyc.

Yogi

TRIBE Member
hey chipotle, is there any chance you could place the set from NYC in the post for download, i would like to get a copy if you could, thanks, it would be much appreciated
John