• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

dj Spinz & Capital J - XXX - dark dnb recorded 1999

dj SPINZ

TRIBE Promoter
So many people are always asking for this tape as its pretty different from what J and I are known for ... here's the story behind it cause its funny. Now I don't condone drug use but back in the day we popped a pill once in a while, there I said it!

While Caps was looking for a new place he stayed at my joint for a week or two so we had this mega collection of records sitting there. So one night we get the bright idea to eat a pill while we're just hanging out. Then we get the even better idea to look through all of our tunes and find the ones we never get to play and just play records and see who loses it first. Kind of a gentleman's wager in the spirit of friendly competition. This mix is the first 90 minutes of a set that went for hours. By the middle of this mix I was so fucked I couldn't see straight and mixing took some real concentration. Of course as you would think J won and was still standing while I was rolling around on the ground laughing my face off by the end of that mix session.

XXX is the roughest heaviest tunes we had, smashed together by a couple of smashed idiots on a half broken mixer ... we just didn't give a fuck. I found a copy of a copy of the original and cleaned it up so it should sound way better than the original if you have it. Enjoy!

:: download - dj Spinz & Capital J - XXX ('99) ::

Sorry No actual tracklist as its tough to tell what we played. but here's a list (in no order) of some that I know:

Bad Company - The Nine
Capone - Friday
Panacea - Gyration
Defcon 1 - Time is the Fire
??? - Switch 18
Pascal & Phantasy - Terradaktil
Usual Suspects - Spawn
Tech Itch?? - Promo 8
Dom & Roland - Parasite
T.I.C. - Raw

xxx_original.jpg

Coming next after this one ... "Next Junction Live" featuring all the crew.

Last edited:
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Stylus_1

TRIBE Member
dude.. did that next junction tape ever get released back then...dont ever remember it.... its been a bit since ive been by this site but what about that tribe exclusive tape you did.... i remember playin that one out big time!
tp

dj SPINZ

TRIBE Promoter
The Next Junction one did get released but I probably only made a couple of hundred. Its a great set though with Capital J, Trigger, MC JD, MC Nai and myslef.

The Tribe tape I have the original for somewhere I'm sure ... I'd love to put that one out again. Maybe we'll see what Alex D thinks. His old tribe mixes could see a whole new life in the mixes section!

Stylus_1

TRIBE Member
ya man... that tape is pretty sick.... ive got like a copy of a copy of a copy and its been one of the most played in the colection. nothin but anthem after anthem. when jump up was at its prime!
tp

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SuperMeaghan

TRIBE Member
Literally falling asleep at my desk, I came to find something unfamiliar to my ears to keep me awake.

I think this will do the trick nicely. And then some.

*tips hat*

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders