• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

DJ mixes forum

Skipper

TRIBE Member
DJ mixes are better off posted in the genre forums..

but a forum for DJ questions/topics would be useful. (about equipment, techniques, etc.)

zoo

TRIBE Member
i dunno

while it's not a bad idea to have a forum that everyone will check for mixes, what will happen to other forums that don't get that many posts -other- than dj mixes?

one of the key aspects of the progressive forum and techno forum are posting dj mixes and then fighting over whether they are good or not :)

what would stop people from simply posting their mixes in their respective genre forums anyway and not the dj mixes forum?

meh you run the board, i just live here :)

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Great idea. That way when prog fans hear a mix and go 'this is the greatest prog mix evah' they won't know it's actually trance. :p

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

tablist

TRIBE Member
That'd be a great idea. I hate having to look around in all the other forums to find mixes. A one stop shop would be wikkid.

zoo

TRIBE Member
an up-side to having a dj mixes forum is that it might start another area of activity ... people might start posting URLs more often to mixes that they download

of course there already exists forums that exist for exactly that purpose, but few are as 'musically diverse' as this one ...

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
bad idea

if it's possible, why not make a topic that is redundant in all of the genre forums.. make it a sticky and call it "The big fat thread of DJ Mixes"

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

zoo

TRIBE Member
i think we should have sub-sub-sub* forums

example:

Tribe --> DJ MIXES --> Techno Mixes --> Oddmyth --> Minimal --> Minimalis.mp3

that would work

and we'd need sub forums for all 4000 users on the board of course

and since i can make a techno mix OR a jungle mix, we will have to have all 4000 users have a sub-sub-sub* forum in each genre sub-sub* forum in the DJ MIXES sub forum

also we'd need around 20-50 genre sub-sub* forums

*i think i'm going to eat a sub for lunch today

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
maybe i will just delete all the DJ mix posts in this forum and let the posters put them in the appropriate genre forum

zoo

TRIBE Member
yeah what happens when the drumnbass djs post their mixes in the techno forum instead of the dj mixes forum?

it would be a mutiny of massif proportions

zoo

TRIBE Member
ok i say do it :)

but i also say don't delete mixes posted in the genre forums, just the general forum

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
i think we should have sub-sub-sub* forums

example:

Tribe --> DJ MIXES --> Techno Mixes --> Oddmyth --> Minimal --> Minimalis.mp3

that would work

and we'd need sub forums for all 4000 users on the board of course

and since i can make a techno mix OR a jungle mix, we will have to have all 4000 users have a sub-sub-sub* forum in each genre sub-sub* forum in the DJ MIXES sub forum

also we'd need around 20-50 genre sub-sub* forums

*i think i'm going to eat a sub for lunch today
what is the conceptual difference between this and the genre forums that already exist? Just one level of hierarchy that isn't necessary (filing things under a dj mixes category).

if you're going to do it, just make it one big general forum , people can put tags on their posts to indicate what genre it is, or give a quick description in the subject line. that would be way more accessible than having 10 subforums with maybe 4 or 5 posts for mixes in each, maybe expose some people to music they'd normally not listen to (which is what the people putting up their mixes would want -> greater exposure).

plus having things more general would let people put up stuff that doesn't neatly fit into any of the existing genre forums.

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
My two cents - having more forums generates less hits. For example, the cities forums, or the internet radio forum. Although a nice idea, it just doesn't generate as much interest (at least I don't think it does) as it could if in the genre forumns. If someone's radio show was house based, and they posted it in the house forum, there's a better chance I'd check it out, rather than going to the Radio Forum....

Again my two cents.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

~decepticon~

TRIBE Promoter
yea there must be rules in the forum like listing the music genre and date it was done like dis
Dj Supergreg - How to be a Dj - Gabber Trance - March 04