1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Dj Mag Top100

Discussion in 'Progressive Room' started by Aequitas, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Aequitas

Aequitas TRIBE Member

Okay... In order help to prevent another Tiesto disaster,
    here's the link; http://www.djmag.com/vote.asp

Get yer votes in...

And then get them in again ;)

2. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

I have to argue that Tiesto wasn't a disaster. :)

Sasha comes to Koolhaus, he barely pulls 2000. Same with Digweed. Tiesto comes at it's rammed out at 3500. Tiesto deserves to be number 1. :)

3. litespeed

litespeed Well-Known TRIBEr

was I at the same digweed party you were at?

kool haus last year?
    I remember the place being empty for sasha and rammed for digweed.

4. litespeed

litespeed Well-Known TRIBEr

p.s. tiesto sucks! :p

5. Still, this whole thing is pretty much a popularity contest and not really any kind of merit outside of that. I don't doubt that Tiesto does have the appeal that can draw a crowd and I like his CD's, but you always know that the same names are going to appear in the top ten, with Tiesto probably being the excepting to suddenly find himself on top.

I hate to admit, but I do take interest in this, even though I feel it's somewhat meaningless.

6. Aequitas

Aequitas TRIBE Member

yeah...

agreed, james.

despite its relative insignificance due to how it really amounts to little more than a popularity contest, i too find myself taking interest in it.

and although tiesto might be the most popular right now, he's certainly not the 'best'. stoopid entry-level voters making up the largest demographic... i think i'd like a more credible 'champion'. that would be nice. that's all.

and we're all familiar with cusick's rant following last year's results too, lol!

7. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

I completely agree Matt. Tiesto finished first last year because he has a huge global following - for some reason it doesn't sit well with us proglovers when our faves lose out to trance jocks like Tiesto or Corsten, but it's a fair indication of just how popular those guys are on a broader level. :)

8. xtollo

xtollo TRIBE Member

three words:

vote max graham

YAY!

9. SKIB

SKIB TRIBE Member

i'd like to vote for more than one but i can't so my vote goes to dj sander k

10. xtollo

xtollo TRIBE Member

Yeah but wasn't it rammed partly due to the fact that he was number 1? That was part of the promotion campaign, I remember there was such a buzz about that.

Sasha barely pulled off 2000 for a variety of other reasons as well, peak exam time comes to mind.

Anyways my point is that this stupid poll actually means something, maybe not an accurate way of gauging skill or talent, but bottom line, this poll still resonates through the industry and with the punters. I remember hearing something like Tiesto's salary went up because demand went up, all because of THE poll. Shit, I'd like to put "voted number dj in the world" on my resume. lol

11. slingshot

slingshot TRIBE Member

Does that mean the top 100 is a popularity contest?

ss

p.s. - I know it is to some degree but..................????

12. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

Of course it is.

Picking a top DJ is a subjective choice ... so unfortunately popularity is the deciding factor.

13. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

When you say, "disaster", are you referring to him being voted #1 or his choice of shirts?

[​IMG]

14. What a freaking hideous shirt. I didn't know Tiesto was blind.

15. chipotle

chipotle Well-Known TRIBEr

You guys want to point out bad shirts?

Look at a picture of Judge Jules!

I like what John D. wears.. long or short sleave casual shirts.
    I like some of Lee Burridge's shirts as well.

16. Special K

Special K TRIBE Member

Danny Howells has the funkiest styles of any DJ ive ever seen...!

Im sure Mandapanda will agree with that statement...

17. If funkiest styles means having his hair cut without a mirror, then yes.

18. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

haha

I love how this thread turned into what a dj wears thread.

I would have to say Sasha usually wears nice clothes. And yes Danny Howells does have a different taste in clothes.

19. slingshot

slingshot TRIBE Member

How come Lee Osborne isn't on the ballot?

ss

He is my fave dj!

20. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

Danny Howells wears women's pants.

I'm just sayin'.

21. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

:D

22. Big Cheese

Big Cheese TRIBE Member

Re: Re: Dj Mag Top100

fuck me that is an ULGY shirt IMO

damn.... FUGLY

'G

23. mandapanda

mandapanda TRIBE Member

danny howells is my style inspiration! and i finally found the pants he was wearing in montreal in strut magazine. and yes, adrian, they're womens pants. and they look damn good on him :p and danny howells has fucking wicked hair. all this apart from the fact that he is the.best.dj.ever!!!!

i could go on and on. but i won't.

24. Special K

Special K TRIBE Member

ack that bastard *danny H* is biting my styles

:mad:

:rolleyes:

so I FINALLY picked up 24-7 (store bought copy) and what do I see in the liner notes?! danny busting my shirt (the black pinstripe "hardcore/she flames me up" one), mine is still cooler than his though cause I have the white one hahaha

:p

its alright tho, ill let danny get away with it this time just cause hes a super cool dude...its cool how me and him are on the same wavelength or something like that lol

k bye.............

:eek:

25. beatjunkie

beatjunkie TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

Danny is the shit!