• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

dj mag top 50 clubs in the world

Special K

TRIBE Member
600 international djs were polled and each gave their top 3 picks

heres the list (there are a few missing on here??? ill try and fill those in later)

guv = best club in north america ...

1. Fabric, London
2. the End, London
3. Turnmills, London
4. Pacha, ibiza
5. Space, Ibiza
6. Amnesia, Ibiza
7. Womb, Tokyo
8. DC10, Ibiza
9. The Cross, London
10. The Arches, Glasgow
11. Zouk, Singapore
12. Guvernment, Toronto
13. Air, Birmingham
14. Honey Club, Brighton
15. Panorama bar, Berlin......

17. The Key, London....

20. Space, Miami...

22. Stereo, Montreal
23. The Egg, London...

25. Weekend, Berlin
26. MoS, London
27. Chibuku, Liverpool...

30. Cocoon, Frankfurt
31. Digital, Newcastle....

38. Sankeys, Manchester...

40. Kristal, Romania
41. Neighbourhood, London...

43. Robert Johnson, Frankfurt
44. Cocorico, Riccione
45. Home, Sydney...

48. Cielo, NY
49. Circus, Liverpool
50. Rex club, Paris

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Do you think people in other cities feel the same way about their infamous local superclub as we do about guv?

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Even putting my own dislike of the guvt aside and trying to be objective about it, I'm supprised to see the govt so high on that list?

Special K

TRIBE Member
guv is easily one of the best clubs ive ever been to (from the ones ive been to in north america and in europe) but at the same time compared to some of the other clubs on that list ive been to it has the worst crowd!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Special K

TRIBE Member
bombthreat23 said:
DC10 ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I shocked that is on there.
well aesthetically yea theres not much to it BUT in terms of party vibe ... that club blew any other club ive ever been to out of the water!

Skipper

TRIBE Member
That's what I mean....I can recognize it's a pretty kickass venue, but the crowd makes a lot of people who are genuinely into electronic music stay the fuck away. I wonder if say, people in London feel that way about the London clubs.

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
also the old space in Miami was better... and in case anyone cares they are opening a sound factory in Miami soon (yes the same guys from NY) and Twilo is opening right beside space (again the same twilo from ny)

Special K

TRIBE Member
heres the full list

1. Fabric, London
2. the End, London
3. Turnmills, London
4. Pacha, ibiza
5. Space, Ibiza
6. Amnesia, Ibiza
7. Womb, Tokyo
8. DC10, Ibiza
9. The Cross, London
10. The Arches, Glasgow
11. Zouk, Singapore
12. Guvernment, Toronto
13. Air, Birmingham
14. Honey Club, Brighton
15. Panorama bar, Berlin
16. Yellow, Tokyo
17. The Key, London
18. Razzmatazz
19. Warung, Itajai, Brasil
20. Space, Miami
21. Supercharged, Brighton
22. Stereo, Montreal
23. The Egg, London...
24. Lush, N Ireland
25. Weekend, Berlin
26. MoS, London
27. Chibuku, Liverpool
28. Opera House, Bournemouth
29. Pacha, Buenos Aires
30. Cocoon, Frankfurt
31. Digital, Newcastle
32. SEOne, London
33. Nodisko, London
34. D - Edge, Sao Paolo
35. Elevate, New Delhi
36. Panama, Amsterdam
37. Spundae, LA
38. Sankeys, Manchester
39. Kissdafunk, Leeds
40. Kristal, Romania
41. Neighbourhood, London
42. Ambar, Perth
43. Robert Johnson, Frankfurt
44. Cocorico, Riccione
45. Home, Sydney
46. Herbal, London
47. Cavo Paradiso, Mykonos
48. Cielo, NY
49. Circus, Liverpool
50. Rex club, Paris

Special K

TRIBE Member
i think this list might be a little biased ...

uk dj mag = mostly uk djs polled = mostly uk clubs on that list?

hmmmm

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
it was a poll of djs. think of the guvernment experience from a visiting dj's perspective. It really is a crazy venue with all the separate clubs, it's generally packed, and the dj booths are well layed out and sound great. I doubt many of the big jocks stray out into the crowd to check out the demographics or how many "heads" came out for the night.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
Do you think people in other cities feel the same way about their infamous local superclub as we do about guv?
That's what I was wondering. Although we do have to keep in mind that this list was compiled from a DJ perspective.

The Guv being the standard to follow is indeed a scary thing. But at the same time if we detach ourselves from out local familiarity with the Guv we could see exaclty why it's there in that list. If someone were to come into town and wanted to hit up a venue that fits the superclub profile, where else would you point them but the Guv?

I guess it's like the CN tower, on a local level it's tacky and overboard and if all our buildings were crafted with its philosophy in mind the city would be bloody well ugly. But it's clearly meant to attract some kind of global attention, and that's where its merit comes into frame.

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:
it was a poll of djs. think of the guvernment experience from a visiting dj's perspective. It really is a crazy venue with all the separate clubs, it's generally packed, and the dj booths are well layed out and sound great. I doubt many of the big jocks stray out into the crowd to check out the demographics or how many "heads" came out for the night.
true

i mean promotion is right up there, booking and all the logistics for their big nights are tight like and the sound has always been one of, if not the best in town. from a DJ's perspective, i'd totally say guv is the best in the country, haven't partied much in the states so i can't say myself on that whole north american tip but...

yes the majority of the crowd for their reg nights are shit/GTA hurtbags but when it's a multi-room format, it's everybody up in that piece so *shrugs*

marcinm

TRIBE Member
i think the guv is a really good venue.. i've been to venues where the vibe and crowd were WAY better and had a better time.. but as far as craziness/layout/sound it's great.

zoo

TRIBE Member
i dislike tons about the guv, but it's obviously a world-class top venue ... it's huge, is always packed, has very good sound / lighting, and has massive headliners regularly

i would say the trance addict forum members are more representative of the global clubbing scene than tribe's members ... and they seem to be really into the guv :)

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Ack......I keep telling myself I'll never go back to the Guv and yet......the place draws people near and far to it......look at the Easter Weekend coming up....

It's like herding cattle........

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
the guv crowd for the most part blows chunks, but the sound has always been kick ass and they get the biggest dj's consistently.
ive been to some fucking mind blowing jams there, and as OTIS stated, if your looking at it from a dj's perspective, you would have to say that the place is mental, always rammed to the tits, with ppl going off

d.code

TRIBE Member
I want to go to the Panorama Bar really bad.

I want to stay untill morning and see all sorts of people making fuck.

Mark Oliver also sucks.

poker face

TRIBE Member
people around the world know about the Guvernment. Stereo does not drop parties like the guv does. The amount of cash that has been invested in that complex over the years is pretty unreal. But I can't say much for the crowd most of the times. I knew right away Fabric would be number one.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories