• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

DJ Harvey 2014-03-22

octo

TRIBE Member
what does he play out these days?

i'd like to check it. but i get the feeling it could be awesome dirty disco and warehouse grooves or some self indulgent left field shit that only sounds good when i'm cleaning my condo on a sunday afternoon.

erika

TRIBE Member
Got my early bird Foundry series pass and am quite looking forward to it, including this gig.

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
what does he play out these days?

i'd like to check it. but i get the feeling it could be awesome dirty disco and warehouse grooves or some self indulgent left field shit that only sounds good when i'm cleaning my condo on a sunday afternoon.
my thoughts exactly, could be awesome, could be terrible,

are they serving late at this venue or is it a legitimate last call type deal? the venue looks cool, I would assume with booking this many nights in a row that it's a sanctioned space?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

octo

TRIBE Member
i would put money on them not serving late. there's no way they would risk getting shut down with multiple nights planned at the venue. they probably have a special event license.

the venue is fantastic. it's worth going to any one event just for the venue.

fyi there's no running water so be prepared for porta poties

foundry posted this video from last year.

[YOUTUBE]4jgwkm7fb90[/YOUTUBE]

i dunno. i have to be up at 8 on saturday.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
When I caught him in 2011 in Austrailia with Dj Garth, he was still on the Disco tip I suspect not much has changed for those wondering what his sound is now.

octo

TRIBE Member
ya. sounds like they couldn't get certain permits.

it's probably for the best. honestly my first thought when i saw that they were selling festival passes was "the venue won't make it past the 2nd weekend"

mansion has been doing more promo for the venue than the artists.

at least this way people with passes will for sure know the party will happen every night. and those of us who go for the music wont have to fight for dance floor space with people who are there because they read about a cool venue on blogto.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Would surprise me if there's not crowding issues, or door issues. The promo for this series has been substantial, and 99 ain't 158 Sterling.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Would surprise me if there's not crowding issues, or door issues. The promo for this series has been substantial, and 99 ain't 158 Sterling.
Yeah, I'm feeling a bit nervy about how this may play out. I've pretty much swore off big and crowded parties, and my last experience at Sudbury wasn't a good one.

octo

TRIBE Member
i guess we will have to fight for dance floor space.

the only jam i can make it to for sure is carl craig.

the others will be dependent on how the earlier parts of my evenings play out.

any of you on BBM? we could make a group to keep each other posted on door situations and crowd situations inside.

PM me your PIN if you're interested. i'll make a group

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Foundry tweeted that The City is monitoring tonight's Fourtet gig to see how things go, and to expect things to be tight.

Will be interested to hear more from people. Really not a good sign of things for the festival, or the city for that matter.