• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

DJ Ghaleon - In The Mix Vol.5 - Oldschool Intelligent Jungle

ghaleon

TRIBE Member
DJ Ghaleon - In The Mix - Vol.5
Oldschool Intelligent Jungle from 93-96
256kbs – 64min

Peshay - The Vocal Tune
Droppin' Science - G's Up Ho's Down
Doc Scott - Tokyo Dawn
Goldie - Inner City Life (Roni Size & Krust Instant Mix)
Foul Play – Being With You
Q Project – Night Moves (Alliance Rmx)
PFM – One & Only
M15(DJ Trace!) – Experience
Stakka & K-Tee – Brockin’ Out
Hyper on Experience – Half Stepper
Ruf Intelligence – Sax ‘n’ Ting
D’Cruze – Lonely
Dillinja – Deadly Deep Subs Rmx
DJ Fallout – Ripper
The Underworld - Happy Your Mine
Adam F – Metropolis
Foul Play – Music is the Key

Intelligent Jungle - Gorgeous vocals, intricate breaks, brooding synths, and incredible basslines. For this mix, I tried to select tunes that really stood out in one, or all, of these ways. Expect to hear some dark, beautiful tracks with some amazing production. From the sub bass in 'Deadly deep subs', to the chilling vocals of 'Inner City Life', or the amazing atmosphere created in ‘Lonely’, I believe this mix has a little something for everyone. Volume 5 is a departure from my normal mixing style, but I believe it turned out really well - a chilled vibe with a bit of an edge to it. Inspired by my friend Brian (DJ Momentum) who hooked me up with a bunch of these tunes J

As always, I recommend smoking a big hoolie, cranking this on a GOOD QUALITY sound system (or headphones), and taking the time to really listen to these amazing tracks. Definitely not intended for background music. If you enjoy this, be sure to leave me some feedback!!

http://www.threeflavours.ca/ghaleon/vol5.mp3

For all other mixes: http://www.threeflavours.ca/ghaleon

Thanks to JP, Jason, Brian, and especially Ron for being such a reliable host!

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ghaleon

TRIBE Member
sorry, I'm at the mercy of whatever ron decides to rename them :D Anyways you should be happy you can fast forward this one properly :)

seeker

TRIBE Member
yup. this is just the kind of thing i was hoping for. oddly, it was less than 1 hour ago i was listening to an old Doc Scott CD and thinking "more of this, please." thanks again!

ghaleon

TRIBE Member
seeker said:
yup. this is just the kind of thing i was hoping for. oddly, it was less than 1 hour ago i was listening to an old Doc Scott CD and thinking "more of this, please." thanks again!

Yea, that Doc Scott tune 'tokyo dawn' is unbelivable... a hidden gem for sure

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
Really enjoyed this mix. Nice and tight and a flare for programming!!
Great work.
Nice selections that really work well together.

recoil

TRIBE Member
nice 1 Ghaleon !

if you want to buy any old tunes for your next mix, hit me back

I'm unloading some this week

respect

Liam R

Spyrochaete

TRIBE Member
Amazing arrangement with super tight mixes. Very well done considering some of the tracks were melodic. I enjoyed this very much! Thanks for sharing!

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
Here's a little promo clip of the Mighty DJ Ghaleon representin' for the Science Productions: We're Old School Crew

Last edited:

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
pfm - one and only

my god that is a gorgeous tune

and i must mention i am high...but the tune is just so beautiful and flowing