• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dj Dominik????

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I talked with DJ Dominik at the coldcut show. he looks exactly the same as alway. didn't ask him if he was still playing out. should have.

J.Hall

TRIBE Member
I would be extremely interested in see Dominik spin an old school hardcore set like the good 'ol days (Gatekeeper, Communism, etc, etc)

One day a long time ago a man handed me a Dominik tape...and the rest is history. This guy can work the crossfader like no other. Anybody that hasn't seen his shit has MISSED OUT!

I feel bad for all the cats out there that haven't heard or heard of him :(

J.Hall in SteelCity

DAYN

TRIBE Member
too true

J.Hall said:
I would be extremely interested in see Dominik spin an old school hardcore set like the good 'ol days (Gatekeeper, Communism, etc, etc)

One day a long time ago a man handed me a Dominik tape...and the rest is history. This guy can work the crossfader like no other. Anybody that hasn't seen his shit has MISSED OUT!

I feel bad for all the cats out there that haven't heard or heard of him :(

J.Hall in SteelCity
Dude thats sooooo true! The old days were definately the bomb and I highly doubt hes anywhere as good as back then!! What memories!

Dayn

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

johnny B rad

TRIBE Member
I have a tape called DOMINIK HIGHSESSIONS. the BEST hardcore i've ever heard. anyone who has heard this will tell you the same. "We are about to take you into the world of the lsd user..."

miscreant

TRIBE Member
The Rotterdam sound made Dominik what he was, that style was made for dj's, the most mixable music ever. period.

Dominik has mad skills definately but sadly he never really did anything

technochick

TRIBE Member
R4V4G3D_SKU11S said:
Do you have an mp3 of it? I lost mine ages ago!
mp3??? Dude all my old tapes are still on, well tapes. If there is any easy way to make them digital then please let me know.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
R4V4G3D_SKU11S said:
Nightmare Halloween is back? Awesome!

Fuck yah.

Locals are announced, along with one headliner.

GERM - NYC, PALADIN - ???, UNABOMBER, MIKE CONRADI, KAMIKAZE, DOMINIK, OS/2, JUST RICH, PATRICK DSP, ELIXIR, D-SYFA, SCARTAT, BACCHUS, AWESOME BY ASSOCIATION, HARDDTRIPP & LAIR DRIVER, NC-17, MR BROWN, MISS MICHIE, FUZZBOY, GABBO, PAY THE DJ,DEZTRO & B7, WIZDOM, ANIMAL & KAISER, APATHY, LADIUS, NAVIGATOR, DOUBLE DEE, D-MINUS, DYNAMIC, MC PREACHA, MC FLYBRY, MC LOCKED

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
He used to rinse out the rotterdam version of Madonna, Like a prayer. We used to lose our shit over that track.

Who could forget Jack jack jack the penis, don't you want the penis mixed with sweat from my balls.

Classic Dominik!

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
I bump into dom all the time. As mentioned before, he's still at the HMV on Queen & Beverley. He's a cool cat that guy.

I still remember the warehouse parties with all the little jungle bunnies, and all around hottie babes wearing hockey jerseys with "DOMINIK" across the back.
I too am a little in shock that somebody partying back then never heard of him. He was rave-famous.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Dominik was rave. I feel that if you've never heard a Dom set in a sketchy random venue you just were never in it.

Mrs. Brick

TRIBE Member
i find it facinating that he still looks exactly the same. he has preserved himself somehow.....possibly with chemicals. *raises eyebrow*

billy

TRIBE Member
SuperMeaghan said:
He's playing a gig in Niagara for NYE. Also spinning are Fuzzboy, Grimace, and Dr. Trance.

It's a Chills event.
sounds more like an effective party.