• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dj Dan?????

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
Re: Dj Dan @ System - The 3 month Return.

Originally posted by EffinHard
Sugarbabe (its monday and I fear Ill get your name wrong), and VoteQuimby (hopefully next time we meet it wont be at 5:00 am, Ill have more to say, I promise). [/B]

DO you mean me.. SPACEbabe...?
*smirk*

I have to admit I did not recognize you without your PLUS shirt.

I have to agree with you on all your points in your BIG post.

Too cold or too hot at good dance spots.

I was sleepy and quiet and antisocial but was content to just observe.

The crowd was... too thick.

The tunes were not.. grabbin' me.

Oh well.. the socializing was good and when I exited the club it felt good to breathe once more.

The decor was amazing. I loved that jungle look for sure!

Cheers all!

AMY

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

HiShyGuy

TRIBE Member
Anyone know the name of the femme dj in the VIP room that was playing dirty techno?? She blew a few mixes (and pumped her fist to celebrate) but her reckids were xxxlent! She was on about the same time as Dan, I chose to avoid the zoo (main) and the sauna (back room) .... was pleasantly surprised by the good tech.

cheers

:rolleyes:

dj Red Turtle

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by HiShyGuy
Anyone know the name of the femme dj in the VIP room that was playing dirty techno?? She blew a few mixes (and pumped her fist to celebrate) but her reckids were xxxlent! She was on about the same time as Dan, I chose to avoid the zoo (main) and the sauna (back room) .... was pleasantly surprised by the good tech.

cheers

That was probably Linzee since she was on at the same time as Dj Dan.

nate

TRIBE Member
well it turns out that dj dan does rock, i always knew and will always know it, now if only i could remember it all. The club was jammed and hot at the back and cold at the front, it was like walking through some sort of new world, or was that just where i was, oh well. i knewwhat i was getting in to from the beginning. It is kind of expected when dan touches down in the T-dot.

Not only was i happy that i got there early to avoid any such hassle at the door, but i didn't mind supporting dan by paying the $25 bones to get in, well woth it, and if it wasn't i was going to make sure of it. and did!

So thanks to all those ladies that were out in full effect! Nothing better than seeing fine ladies ripping up the dance floor, chances are if you were i was. well partly becasue i didn't stop all night.

deeno and terry were rather weak, but hey i guess that is what the ladies like, but me, i would much rather some nice funky beats, and if i only remembered some tracks of dan's it would be great, i think it something to do with.......well lets just say if only that back speaker was ripping like usual. Sure it's nice to hear the person beside you, but when the beats are rippin and I'm groovin I don't exactly care to talk to anyone let alone have the ability, if ya know what i mean, I am a firm believer in expressing myself through my moves on the dance floor (there not really moves, just fellin the beats.)
Overall the night was a success, wish i would have gotten in the after party, cause i was still ready to rip all the way till the next day, now that is a sign of a good night!!

peace out!
Nate!!

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by solacevip
Stop playa hatin' my boy.....

.......lest we forget his killa days back at Industry.

Je me souviens!

I am a woman...
And I will never forget those days either, but his style has changed.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Dj Dan @ System - The 3 month Return.

Originally posted by EffinHard
yeah, thats exactly what I meant.... advil anyone... ?

You've had enough there Mister :) Feeling any better today?

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
Hahhaa.. Did EffinHard go too hard?
;)

Larissa.. loved your nails!

That dress was smokin' too!

And you ARE a crazy girl.. good crazy tho!

Amy

dj Red Turtle

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by SpaceBabe
Hahhaa.. Did EffinHard go too hard?
;)

Larissa.. loved your nails!

That dress was smokin' too!

And you ARE a crazy girl.. good crazy tho!

Amy

Yeah she is. I was standing next to the dj booth in the backroom then all of a sudden I feel these arms around me. It turns out it was Larissa. She picks me up off of my feet and carries me over to the middle of the dance floor. She said "DANCE", then she just takes off back into the main room.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
I had a fantastic time at Dj Dan.

Benson & Hedges threw around the big corporate money again, which I'll admit is slightly irritating and really does nothing but detract from the show itself, however my friend Jon was lucky enough to win their "jet to ibiza" (bastard!) prize that night, so I can't entirely say I dissapprove.

the music was funky, and big beat most of the night, which was to be expected...Dj Dan played an interesting intro selection with a Janice Joplin sample which I thought was tasteful and pretty fun.

The place was rammed to the teets the whole night, but not so much in an offensive way, but more so in a "woah, this place is bumpin'" sort of way, which I'm sure if all of you are familiar with.

Since Jonny won the big prize we stayed well into the morning, and I was amazed to see that system stays busy until very late at night...which is both cool as hell and a little disturbing at the same time...

I danced practically all night long, which is a feat I haven't achieved in some years as I'm aged and out of shape...but I was impressed with the fact that I was able, and I thank the deejays on the night for providing sufficient inspiration to keep the feet moving.

All in all a great night in my opinion...I had a really good time, saw some friends who have been missing in action for ages now, saw Jon win one of the best prizes I've ever been witness to, and kept the vibe going for longer than I have in a while....

good on ya.
tack1

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

braykbeit

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by HiShyGuy

cheers

It wasn't Linzee, she was in the backroom.

The "femme" in question was Randy Twigg. She owned the VIP room that night... and every other room that she plays!

Killer shit from a kickin chick.

beit

EffinHard

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dj Red Turtle
Yeah she is. I was standing next to the dj booth in the backroom then all of a sudden I feel these arms around me. It turns out it was Larissa. She picks me up off of my feet and carries me over to the middle of the dance floor. She said "DANCE", then she just takes off back into the main room.

We had to remind Larisa on Sunday that her idea of fun at DJ Dan was picking people up, and moving them. I saw her do it to about 4 people in front of me. When she attempted it on me I just laughed. Her other favorite thing to do was "fall" while hugging, thus freaking people out.

breakslover

TRIBE Member
Ya gotta love the Dan

I felt that Dan played a great set. But having seen him a hundred times since '95 and seeing what I think were his greatest all time sets, it's hard to raise the bar. Also, I think Dan really wanted to see all the Jackass boys out for his set to bring that old school vibe and jokes where his sets get down and dirty. I think he had more fun at the studio after. The Studio was a blast as always after the party and didn't get shut down this time till about 5am, which is later than the usal 3 30am with three strikes from the cops. But when 7am rolled around, Kenny got on the decks and took us into the mornin'. Over all a great night.
For messy pics of this party and previous jackass times, go to

http://photos.yahoo.com/breakslover

and

http://photos.yahoo.com/breakslove

:D