• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

DJ Dan! woot

Skipper

TRIBE Member
the montreal date is Nov 12 I believe.
I don't know about b2b but they are both booked on the same night in the same venue.

Blazed

TRIBE Member
Road Trip !!! Dj Dan & BBB and the Leafs all in MLT in one night, i am there....

and Dan Back here the next weekend.. Ok I will go to that as well :D

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Been lovin' Dan so far in 2005, and interested in seeing how the new BOA's gonna look and sound...might have to stop by this one:D

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ravinjunkie
yeah those two are playing in montreal! I think b2b.
two of the crappiest, most played out, irrelevant djs of this day...riding the receding wave of their past successes and their inexplicably good names.

these two should just fucking retire already. gawd.

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
two of the crappiest, most played out, irrelevant djs of this day...riding the receding wave of their past successes and their inexplicably good names.

yeah... well you suck too :)

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tobywan
Been lovin' Dan so far in 2005, and interested in seeing how the new BOA's gonna look and sound...might have to stop by this one:D
oh to have lots of coin... this would be the best night ever...

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster

BBB yes, Dan, not as much.
Dan is an extremely versatile DJ...he can play everything from diva house to hard house to bumpity house to acid house to techno and play them well.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
I wonder if BBB gets dissapointed if he doesnt increase the number of time he scratches his own name into a set each time he plays out.

"Dammnit, only managed it 28 times tonight, down from my previous record of 30 last night.... gunna aim for 31 tomorrow!"

His next CD will consist of just his name being said over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Buddy Holly
Both BBB and Dj Dan are hit and miss. It all depends on what's in their CD leaf bag.
Agreed - I found a 35 minute DJ Dan electro/acid set online a couple of months ago, is it ever good!

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
Both BBB and Dj Dan are hit and miss. It all depends on what's in their CD leaf bag.

I would have to agree with the fact that they can be hit or miss too...
I just enjoy remembering all the great sets I have experienced in years past... They are great memories... I just want some newer ones :)

dabeats

TRIBE Member
the last time i saw dan play he used very few cd`s.

plus vinyl is better than cd. :p

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
BBB yes, Dan, not as much.
Dan is an extremely versatile DJ...he can play everything from diva house to hard house to bumpity house to acid house to techno and play them well.
you forgot breaks... although when I heard him play in florida... he wasn't his usual self technically...

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MissBlu
I just enjoy remembering all the great sets I have experienced in years past... They are great memories... I just want some newer ones :)

I remember BBB's first Toronto appearance: EFFECTIVE( I believe it was a the now Tropicana) the floors were bouncing so much that the vinyl kepy skipping which was a total buzz kill.

Dj Dan has played some really good sets as well (Dose Connected rings a bell for me) and Summer of Love he played a wicked set!!!