• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dj Dan - March 20th - SYSTEM

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
i haven't missed this guy play since 1998... March 20th Dan the man makes his return.. who's with me?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

drude

TRIBE Member
As much as I love DJ Dan, he's here fairly often and that also happens to be the night Jeff Mills is in town.

hmm

LadyLinzee

TRIBE Member
This weekend will be amazing for so many reasons ... :) Dj Dan being just one of them ... definitely not to be missed!

I shall be there with bells on ... funking up me and Mikey's new room! :)

Linds x

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
he hasn't played a good set in 2 years (for me ..anyway) ... i'm dissappointed to say that i won't be goin for this.. i hope he turns thigns around and delivers the funk for everyone though!

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Eclipze
i haven't missed this guy play since 1998... March 20th Dan the man makes his return.. who's with me?

I have been checking him out since 96. I have only missed him in Toronto a handful of times. He doesn't play like he used to imo. As Leslie and Malgo said, I haven't really enjoyed seeing him play in the last few years. But I hope he plays some wicked beats that night for everyone. I don't mean to ruin the hype for people. I'm not sure if I'll go or not. We'll see.

Maybe, I'll go with ya Leslie.

Maxine

stretchandhooker

TRIBE Promoter
Just to give a heads up... Dan has been working in the
studio for the past few months... be warned some new "Dj Dan Sounds" will be coming our way this night ! Oh, it is also Hooker ( Wayne's) Birthday !
So you can count on some extra special "treats" aswell ;)
can't wait,
s.

Poot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MalGlo
he hasn't played a good set in 2 years (for me ..anyway) ... i'm dissappointed to say that i won't be goin for this.. i hope he turns thigns around and delivers the funk for everyone though!

Okay. I know exactly what you mean.

I go, hoping for some of his signature funk. But his set is always really hard and heavy. I miss the funk. :(

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jessica P

I go, hoping for some of his signature funk. But his set is always really hard and heavy. I miss the funk. :(

yep i fell in love with the funk and there just hasn't been as much.. but i'm always going just in the hopes he lays some doin again cause when he does

MAN OH MAN.

funky_citrus

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stretchandhooker
Just to give a heads up... Dan has been working in the
studio for the past few months... be warned some new "Dj Dan Sounds" will be coming our way this night ! Oh, it is also Hooker ( Wayne's) Birthday !
So you can count on some extra special "treats" aswell ;)
can't wait,
s.

In that case Maxine, I think we should make an appearnace!'

~Leslie~

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jessica P

*hugs you tearfully*

I know exactly what you mean. Every time I listen to his old sets, I uncontrollably dance around my room, and wish I had a time machine.

Boo. :(

ebin stylez

TRIBE Member
I think you have to be a little more optimistic in regards to his set...da funk is surely missed but, hard and heavy is great too..the man's gone for a little Trans-it-ion.....there's nothing wrong with that..he still knows how to piece together a set and get the crowd Movin.....

Poot

TRIBE Member
rubber arm - twisted

Alright, my go-to girl is all over this show, so I am THERE!

*fingers crossed - hopes for some funk & good, poundin' house*

Excited also to check out Linzee in her new home :D

LadyLinzee

TRIBE Member
Bring the funk!

I am taking the early slot in "my new home" so as to be able to check out Dan tearing it up!! :) Sooo excited! The place will be fully finished and I am anxious to see what its going to look like! :)

I have booked Monday off work in prep for this weekend ... oh dear its going to be nutz!

If anyone needs reduced guestlist please feel free to hit me an email - ladylinzeeca@hotmail.com!

Linds xx

nate

TRIBE Member
dan may not drop the funk like he once did, but he has been spinning pumping house for last while and damn will it ever sound good over the new sound system in system!!
he will deliver, anyone who thinks otherwise , well they can stay home and we can have more room on the dancefloor, he is guaranteed to throw down some classics along with is new sounds, i have been looking forward to this for a very long time and i will not miss this for shit....so can't wait to hear s&h rip shit up in anticipation for some serious beats...courtesy of the man...dj dan!!

peace

nate!

LadyLinzee

TRIBE Member
Was at the club last night and boy is it lookin amazing - they have really put 110% into it!! :)

The countdown now begins ... :)

Linds x

PLeja

TRIBE Member
Ian, you bastard! Look out cuz im commin out of retirement for this one! DAN the MAN 100% over Mills.....

Spiritual_Thang

TRIBE Member
does anyone remember dj dan when he played the koolhaus at some huge guv party, smirnoff party maybe?

2001?

i remember that he absolutely killed it that nite. had that place goin off the hook. his beats were relentless.

the only better set that ive heard at kh was sasha/digweeds 2001 party.

hes sucked since then....
well not sucked, but hasnt lived up to the expectations that ive had of him since that nite way back when...

ill give him one more shot

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
For all those going tonight...get ready to experience the finished club. Looks awesome.

Can't wait for tonight.

At least after a nap or two.