1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

dizzee

Discussion in 'Hip Hop Room' started by terrawrist III, Aug 27, 2003.

1. terrawrist III

terrawrist III TRIBE Member

I wanna see a streets/dizzee rascal/roots manuva/new flesh tour HERE!

we never get UK shit here...WHY?...no nextmen,no manuva,no creators,no big dada cats!...NO NUTTIN!

oh well, guess I'll have to go there.

while I have your attention, any thoughts on UK shit right now?

2. Sugar D

Sugar D TRIBE Promoter

I'm loving it. Some seriously good production coming out. You should check out Fallacy if you haven't already. His "Blackmarket Boy" album is pretty dope.

3. xtollo

xtollo TRIBE Member

Dizzee rascal is a fucking prodigy, he was so huge in the UK, everyone knew who he was. I'd love to see him live.

4. aether

aether TRIBE Member

not much to contribute, but i finally heard 'boy in da corner' today, and is it ever good.

5. Tech_Head_Rob

Tech_Head_Rob TRIBE Member

i've heard lots an' lots about this Dizee Rascal character in the last few weeks... me 'finks I'll have to check 'em out.

6. smile

smile TRIBE Member

other than roots manuva, i'm not too hype on it.

7. Juan Love

Juan Love TRIBE Member

UK flavor...

The Dizz is certainly worth the hype...

Top of the Pops as far as UK hippity-hop for me...Danny Breaks and Harmonic 33 on the instrumental tip...Mr. 5 'Fingers of Death'...Mr. Thing, another victim of boolshit DMC judging...can't forget the Mixologists...The Abstracts get my nod as tightest outfit...and rounding things off I'm feeling the man they call Jhest...if you haven't heard any of his stuff I suggest you stop reading this re-cock-ulous message board and get hooked up...pha-real...like now...seriously...no guff...no, really...do it...sucka don't make me flex the pimp hand!!

8. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

apparently he made the song "i luv u" when was 16 or something?

and it made the top10 charts in the uk?

that's a pretty 'effin incredible feat ... listen to the song and you'll see what i mean

9. shylock_one

shylock_one TRIBE Member

It takes me a long time to get these things

Everytime I turn onto muchmusic I see Dizzee's fix up, look sharp video and it's really starting to grow on me. When I first heard Dizzee last year, I thought his beats were too disjointed and dissonant but now I'm starting to appreciated it. Methinks I'll probably have to pick up his album now.

Bah! I hate not being able to 'get' something until much later than everyone else.

10. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

11. PLATINUM VIBES

PLATINUM VIBES TRIBE Promoter

fix up, look sharp !

lol

12. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

dizzee certainly is dope.
    the only feedback I got after my set on 100.7fm a couple weeks ago was some guy listening on the radio. the last track I played was Dizzee Raskal's I Luv U. Dude took the time to dig up my website contacts and emailing me (because on the radio you cant exactly find tracklistings), needing to know what that track was because it was "like something I've never heard before".
    this has got to say something about his sound and a freshness that people cant help but be interested in hearing more of...

I heard rumors of him coming to town. did this already happen? or was it all lies?

13. smilez

smilez TRIBE Member

he was here a few weeks ago, first week of Feb I think, show was "off da hook" from what a hear:cool:

Melissa

14. REMI XO

REMI XO TRIBE Member

ya he did a show here and I was amazed at the amount of people that are big on this sound...

Look out for an artist named ........WILEY...his album is out some time in march and because of the great response of the DIZZIE show most likely will make an appearance here aswell

he is the KING of the ESKI sound/UK Urban

Leader of the PAY AS U GO and ROLL DEEP CARTELS that DIZZIE RASCAL is a member of

heres a clip of his new video called "What Do U Call It"

15. funkNstyle

funkNstyle TRIBE Member

Same.