• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

District B13

lok

TRIBE Member
I absolutely loved this movie. Its gratutitous le parkour action and David Belle is fucking hot. If you get a chance see it on the big screen for the full effect.

Definitely buying this one!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
great visually, the plot was a bit silly and there were a few moments of gratuitous melodramatic cheese near the end - but all in all a good romp. I would have loved to see more running / chasing / fighting. The plot didn't really add anything to the movie ;)

Michael Drury

TRIBE Member
Agreed lok and DeepSix,

Saw the premiere and loved it. Really didn't know what to expect but it worked for me. Definately not a movie for those looking for an Oscar winning story - it has more of that Kung Fu fighting movie type of script. The action is fawking awesome. A really great look into "parkour" pereformed by the worlds best. You will not be disappointed

lok

TRIBE Member
Okay, from now on in this thread, no one will comment about the paper thin plot or cheesy acting moments and instead focus on the glory that is David Belle's physique.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Fucking awesome. You really have to suspend belief for alot of the tomfoolery that happens, although I get the feeling that theres a fair bit of plot that gets lost in translation over.

I downloaded the dvdrip tho, from what I've heard, the story gets changed alittle for the theatrical version.

Regardless, I wasnt expecting the most riveting plot, and was blown away by some of the incredible parkour displayed throughout the movie.

I think this is going to the new "Jackie Chan" type of movie. Wouldnt be suprised to see it catch on like wildfire.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
This was excellent through and through, moreso because it knows what it is - a knock off of Escape From New York with a Ong Bak like twist. It's pretty below what Luc Besson has written lately (and that's not a compliment) in the story department, but it illicits a very Rumble in the Bronx kind of wild excitement that has been missing from Jackie Chan's more recent films.

I wish I was younger. I'd totally love doing parkour.