• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Distortion & Filter plug-ins

hysterical

TRIBE Member
..just wondering what you guys use..........im bored with mine and im looking for something more advanced........whats some good (the best) distortion & filter VST plug-ins?

Mike:cool:

dsp909

TRIBE Member
the new shit from tc works is great.. 3.1 has a great new distortion fuck it up plugin. sorry i forget the name of it.

hysterical

TRIBE Member
I have murdered Ohmboys, especially the delay one ( forget what its called, but it gives out to much unwanted noise i notice ). But the rest of there shit is good.

and this TC works "distortion" "Fuck it up".........Never heard of it.......but sounds appealing, you wouldnt want to hook up a wee copy would ya?:D
*searching pockets for money* no im broke

I heard Datube is a sick distortion plug-in, anyone use it?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

hysterical

TRIBE Member
Thanks, i want this:cool: ............i think my friend at school might have it, ill test it out and if i like ill buy it:rolleyes:

Again thank you..........

.........and runners up?:D

hysterical

TRIBE Member
ya scream is awesome..................thats exactly what i want .........i have reason but would REALLY prefer something of a VST instrument like Scream. I dont want to rip a sample then throw it through reason than back out again, you know. ;) way to much work, plus it cuts the possiblities of what you could do with this distortion tool.
But i may though............or i could rewire it?:rolleyes:

..........im telling you if reason was VST/DXi compatable id be all over reason like a fat girl and cake!

Last edited:

DomG

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ludikris
antares filter is hot right now..

How do i get this filter?

I just bought the Electrix Filter factory I hope its alright I get it in a week!

alcid

TRIBE Member
Waldorf D-Pole.
Izotope Trash seems pretty good so far as well for tons of different distortion types.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by hysterical
I have murdered Ohmboys, especially the delay one ( forget what its called, but it gives out to much unwanted noise i notice ).

? I don't understand.

The Ohmforce delay plugin is like the industry standard! So many big names only use it. It's extremely clean.

Do you maybe have the demo which puts out background noise the more you use it?

hysterical

TRIBE Member
ya it was the demo, but that shouldnt make a difference.....but ya i though it gave out this wierd phasery tail, i dont know really, i just didnt like it.

i think Sonitus:FX's Delay over powers this puppy. I believe it comes with Sonar Producer? I dont know its nice though, even has tempo sync.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
The Ohmboyz delay is completely tempo synced

??? I'm really confused.

Any ways, seriously worth giving another look at, if there ever was an industry standard plugin out there this is it I think.

ss_OhmBoyz_funky.jpg

hysterical

TRIBE Member
^^^ AGain, as i always say, it really all comes down to taste and what sound your looking for. Personally i dont like the phaser type tail it leaves.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by hysterical
^^^ AGain, as i always say, it really all comes down to taste and what sound your looking for. Personally i dont like the phaser type tail it leaves.

Yeah that can be turned off.