• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

distillery district restaurants?

AshG

anyone know of a quick listing for all the restaurants in the distillery district?

google give me piles of pseudo-reviews but no actual restaurant listings.

and jeeves just sucks.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

evil homer

TRIBE Member
boiler house is great - esp. on the seafood front but a simple and creative menu all the way.
perigee is easily one of the 10 best meals i've ever eaten anywhere in the world. they make their own butter - nuff said

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Boiler House is incredible. Trendy and classy without the attitude.

Perigree is supossed to be fantastic, it's a set course meal (roughly 80 bucks a head).

1832 is good for casual fare, only been there for patio lunch.

vinder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by evil homer
boiler house is great - esp. on the seafood front but a simple and creative menu all the way.
perigee is easily one of the 10 best meals i've ever eaten anywhere in the world. they make their own butter - nuff said
perigree? what kind of cuisine do they have?

i'll be honest, i'm bored of all things "white" so i tend to be interested in more ethnic inspired cuisines. there's only so much grilled salmon, rack of lamb, and steak i can eat before it all tastes the same.

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vinder
perigree? what kind of cuisine do they have?

i'll be honest, i'm bored of all things "white" so i tend to be interested in more ethnic inspired cuisines. there's only so much grilled salmon, rack of lamb, and steak i can eat before it all tastes the same.
Have you tried Xacutti or Susur yet? Both on the pricey side, but both solid ethnically-inspired menus.

Perigee has the typical french and italian fare but mix it up with a little fusion as well. You order either the 5, 8, or 11 course menu, so there's usually at least one course that's got some fusion action going for it.

AshG

Originally posted by thom100
I work in the distillery so if you need advice, ask away.
well i don't know yet as its my gf who's looking to get a reservation for dinner tomorrow night with her parents.

not sure what she's looking for(i don't think she really knows yet either), but just something of quality.

Liquidity

TRIBE Member
boiler house was awesome for winterlicious...

however, i remember that the items on the menu were rather pricey?

nice live music.

sitting upstairs kinda sucks.

vinder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rude1_247
Have you tried Xacutti or Susur yet? Both on the pricey side, but both solid ethnically-inspired menus.

Perigee has the typical french and italian fare but mix it up with a little fusion as well. You order either the 5, 8, or 11 course menu, so there's usually at least one course that's got some fusion action going for it.
wicked, thanks for the info

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vinder
wicked, thanks for the info
No prob. Xacutti is in your hood, on college west. Indian fusion with a really solid wine list and a great martini bar upstairs for after dinner (called Bird, usually a House DJ of some kind spinning after 10 on weekends). Was named as one of the top 10 restaurants in Toronto by Toronto.com www.xacutti.com

Susur is a little pricey but kind of a cool experience. Most people don't actually choose anything from the menu, they let the chef decide. The chef (Susur himself) does asian inspired dishes and hand-picks all of his ingredients in the morning, then phones his kitchen staff from the market and tells them what prep work to get started on based on what he's buying. The restaurant itself is really cool too, tucked away and unassuming. In fact, there's no street sign with the name on it, just a big sign that says "Restaurant". Supposed to be a statement of some kind, of what though I'm not sure. It's been rated the number 1 restaurant in Toronto year after year. www.susur.com

Tonnes of good eats in the city. Last really solid place was Lobby in Yorkville. Went there for a special night out, excellent service, great wine list, excellent food (though the food is decidedly "white" so you're out of luck there for the most part) and killer atmosphere.

ian

TRIBE Member
The only place we ate at when I was there was on one of the patios. You ordered a burger from the bartender and they gave you a receipt you took up to a guy working a huge grill. My wife said it was the best burger she ever had. . .

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
I had a good experience at PURE SPIRITS. The food was very well prepared but our waiter had major attitude. We talked to the manager after our meal and she gave us a huge platter of several full desserts for free. :)

zee

TRIBE Member
another vote for the boiler house
it has an awesome atmosphere, with great live music and really good food

i've found pure spirits to be a bit hit-and-miss in terms of food and service

alcid

TRIBE Member
went to 1832 last night for the first time. worst meal I've had in ages! I was with a group of people and everyone said pretty much the same thing. their chicken is rubbery, their fries are like McDonald's.