1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Discovery now-a look at the largest wind generating projects

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Astroboy, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Astroboy

Astroboy TRIBE Member

check it out, frontiers of construction looking at two of the world's biggest wind power projects, in Alberta and Denmark...

2. MBoy

MBoy TRIBE Member

I saw this last week. Crazy. Why aren't we doing this?

3. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Because for the most part research & development for renewable clean energy is dictated by the energy whores south of us.. since the privatization & degregulation of the energy industry in the US, the laws regarding mandatory funds into the R&D for clean & renewable enrgey has tanked. The only research being done is how to create more proffitable energy through technolgy that gives you a zingy market edge.

4. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

I'm pretty sure they are doing R&D on how to turn things into oil quicker.

5. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known TRIBEr

Because, like, it'll change the climate man, with all these spinny things all over.

6. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

what about the birds flying into the blades, man. it's like a ronco food processor - slice 'n dice.

slice 'n fukken dice.

7. MBoy

MBoy TRIBE Member

New ride at the ex this year... for 5 tickets they strap you to the blades of the windmill and nature gives you a spin.

8. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

they are probably doing research to make SUVs bigger and use more fuel..

9. sohaness

sohaness TRIBE Member

they did this on the amazing race a few episodes back. they strapped them into the blades of an old dutch windmill, and they did a few laps...it looked fun as hell!!

steve.

10. catilyst

catilyst TRIBE Member

Frontiers of Construction is a great show. The demolition ones are the best.

11. sohaness

sohaness TRIBE Member

^^ yup...i think that's every guy's fantasy...getting paid to break shit.

steve.

12. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known TRIBEr

I think they should Yard-a-Pult Andrew Dice Clay into some windmills.

It slices, it Andrew Dices...it shreds, it bakes...

13. catilyst

catilyst TRIBE Member

That would be pretty cool, especially if you loaded all his pockets with lit fireworks.