• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Disco D....wow...that Was Trippy!!

REMI XO

TRIBE Member
well ...I gotta say I had a blast.

He played EVERYTHING..

Booty House, Baile Funk, Hip Hop, Retro 80s, Maimi Bass, Classic House...probably more.

thou I was really disapointed with the crowd. DISCO D is a party DJ. the type of dj you dont take seriously. you just enjoy yourself thinking WOW I cant believe my ears.

THE MAN PLAYED A 2 LIVE CREW TRACK.......that takes some serious BALLS!!.

it seemed like I was at a High school dance.

I love Baile Funk (Brasilian "Miami" Bass) its too bad the language barrier kind off threw off the crowd.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
REMI XO said:
THE MAN PLAYED A 2 LIVE CREW TRACK.......that takes some serious BALLS!!.

It's pretty tough to play a booty house set and not have the Crew show up lol.

He wasn't what I expected, but definitely an eclectic, high-energy set. I would've preferred for him to stay on one genre/tempo for more than a few seconds though.

I wish I didn't have to work today or we probably would've stayed later.

Jpcoroner

TRIBE Member
That was easily one of the worst sets I've ever had the extreme displeasure of witnessing. And after living in this city for a while, believe me, I've seen some shit djs over the years. Disco D is a clown. A mockery. Absolute shit. Any punk bitch that would produce a talking turd like K-Fed deserves to be laminated in dog shit and shoved up his own ass...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Ninjetta

TRIBE Member
So I would also have to concur that I thought it was a less-than-par set for Disco D. Now granted I havent been out to see him in a few years, but considering he used to absolutely kick my ass and have me in awe, I felt disappointed. No worse for the wear tho, the company I was in made up for it :)

Janine

chi

whateves - d was fun.
big up to andrew, nav and d-money for bringing him up.

this thursday night has good things lined up.
Ghislain Poirier next week (www.ghislainpoirier.com) who toured with Lady Sovereign last year & has a night in MTL called BOUNCE LE GROS = mad fun!
&
also
Sean Kosa the week after that.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
~decepticon~ said:
Does anyone know who disco d produces for? I think you'd be really surprised.... (cough**eminem**cough)

It's not so much surprising as it is well-known.

I like his booty house/ghetto tech stuff. The eminem/k-fed stuff isn't for me, but whatever.

BT produced for N'Sync too, but I like some of his older joints as well.

kate

TRIBE Member
~decepticon~ said:
Does anyone know who disco d produces for? I think you'd be really surprised.... (cough**eminem**cough)

Other than the much publicized Kevin Federline album, D has been producing for loads of other artists. He did a bunch of tracks on Nina Sky's (Move ya Body) debut album, a track called "ski-mask way" on 50 cent's last album, and was up here last week working with some new RnB artist who he said was "a 14 year old Beyonce". I know he's also working with a Brazilian band he's put together called BRAZA which is again a lot of Brazilian flavoured funk/bass stuff.

He still does all his Ghetto-tech stuff, but I would say in much smaller amounts as he's proven to be successful with both underground and mainstream production. I would guess that the set he played on Thursday (although I wasn't there to hear it) is more a reflection of where his head is at musically these days, rather than where it was in 2000 when all he produced was his signature style of ghetto-tech.

C Mac

TRIBE Member
kate said:
Other than the much publicized Kevin Federline album, D has been producing for loads of other artists. He did a bunch of tracks on Nina Sky's (Move ya Body) debut album, a track called "ski-mask way" on 50 cent's last album, and was up here last week working with some new RnB artist who he said was "a 14 year old Beyonce". I know he's also working with a Brazilian band he's put together called BRAZA which is again a lot of Brazilian flavoured funk/bass stuff.

He still does all his Ghetto-tech stuff, but I would say in much smaller amounts as he's proven to be successful with both underground and mainstream production. I would guess that the set he played on Thursday (although I wasn't there to hear it) is more a reflection of where his head is at musically these days, rather than where it was in 2000 when all he produced was his signature style of ghetto-tech.

well said.

disco d has produced tracks for a number of artists, companys etc., including 50 cent, eminem, as well as a major company's such as sprite, nickoledeon and nike.
I'd be lying if i said i wasn't disappointed by his set, although on some level I can understand where he's coming from. I think he's just exploring and experimenting with new sounds and genres.
Be that as it may, I still miss the old D.

www.discod.com