• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

discmans

lush191

TRIBE Member
Need some help:
So i need to get a new discman to use at the gym---any particular brand recommended---i am using a Panasonic player and it isn't very loud and skips all the time---any particular brands that will be louder/skip less? (or is it in the headphones)???
any suggestions would be appreciated
thanks

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

m0ff

TRIBE Member
honestly you should look into getting an Ipod or something. An Ipod shuffle will run you about $100...never skips, and holds 512mb of music.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Why not get an MP3 player and rip your choons to that? No skipping, higher capacity (generally), and much much smaller!

edit:yeah, what m0ff said.

lush191

TRIBE Member
i was thinking about that--but i have tons of my music on cds--so it might take more work putting them on an IPOD then just purchasing a portable cd player....
but i am still considering it

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

m0ff

TRIBE Member
lush191 said:
i was thinking about that--but i have tons of my music on cds--so it might take more work putting them on an IPOD then just purchasing a portable cd player....
but i am still considering it

If you already have most of the cd's ripped onto your computer than iTunes will take care of the rest. If you don't, just make a Saturday afternoon out of it. ;)

kuba

TRIBE Member
m0ff said:
If you already have most of the cd's ripped onto your computer than iTunes will take care of the rest. If you don't, just make a Saturday afternoon out of it. ;)
what moff said. you'd be surprised how much music you can filter - stuff you don't like anymore. besides, nowadays asking someone for a cd copy of something gives you some wierd looks.

check out www.dokaka.com by the way.

lush191

TRIBE Member
but how loud does a IPOD/Mp3 player get?? i find that a lot of times at the gym what i am listening to gets drowned out by the shitty music the gym is playing...

m0ff

TRIBE Member
lush191 said:
but how loud does a IPOD/Mp3 player get?? i find that a lot of times at the gym what i am listening to gets drowned out by the shitty music the gym is playing...

loud, also depends on the quality of the earphones you have though.

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
lush191 said:

get real headphones, and not those pathetic pieces of crap people stick in their ears. also, you aren't subjecting people to listen to your music on public transportation, etc. get ready to spend more in batteries though.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Yeah I've never had a problem with the volume level of my iriver. I'm sure iPods are no different. Get a good set of headphones and you should be set. Even the stock ones that come with the player are usually adequate, unless you're working out at Boa.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Dood, discmans don't skip anymore unless you're buying them used or something.

Just get a $45 from the Source. You can get a thin one for, like, $60 these days. It can play MP3 cds and doesn't skip.

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
if you are set on a discman, get a discman that can also play cd's filled with mp3's. this is actually much handier than a mp3 player exclusively because then you can still play all your bought cd's, but can also load up endless hours of more tunes on a single burned cd as well (when meanwhile an Ipod shuffle will only hold about 6 hours of music and wont be refilled til your at your computer again).

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
gramaphone.png

lush191

TRIBE Member
i just bought the discman i have like 3months ago(and it does play mp3s)-it skips all the time! so thats why i am looking into other options/brands...

alcid

TRIBE Member
groovespinna said:
get real headphones, and not those pathetic pieces of crap people stick in their ears. also, you aren't subjecting people to listen to your music on public transportation, etc. get ready to spend more in batteries though.
you're suggesting using full ear-covering headphones at the gym?? I don't even know where to begin with that advice... :confused:

something like these are the best for working out:
http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/servlet/ProductDetailDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=157606&navigationPath=32120n32260n45541
they won't fall out of yer ears (even if you have freakishly small ears), there's no foam to get soaked with sweat, and they're light-weight.
They used to have them at Sears for about $15.

squirrely

TRIBE Member
i finally moved from a walkman to a discman, and it hurts me when teenagers stare at me on the bus in confusion. i thought i was so modern. :(

kmac

TRIBE Member
Haha, same here. Last year, I got a brand new discman that plays mp3 discs!!! I am at the cutting edge of technology, baby.